Home > Archives > IJSRST173164
Accurate Position Control of Pneumatic Actuator Using On/Off Solenoid Valve
This paper deals with accurate positioning of pneumatic actuator using solenoid controller to development a fast, accurate, and inexpensive position-controlled that may be applied to a variety of practical positioning applications are described. A Pulse Width Modulation PWM valve pulsing algorithm to allow the on/off solenoid valves to use in the place of costly servo valve. The open-loop characteristic is shown both theoretically and experimentally in near the symmetrical. A comparison of the open- and closed-loop responses of standard PWM techniques and that the PWM technique shows there has been a significant improvement in control. A linear process model is obtained from experimental data using system identification. A intelligent controller of proportional integrative PI controller with position feed forward. A state feedback controller with position, velocity and acceleration feedback as a continuous controller. Proportional integral derivative PID controller with added friction compensation and position controlled pneumatic actuator using Pulse Width Modulation PWM valve pulsing algorithms are described. The system consists a standard double acting cylinder controlled with two three-way solenoid valves through a 12-bit A/D PC board. It is using a non-linear motion of pneumatic actuator to control the plunger positioning it can be analyzed through the displacement or potentiometer sensor.
PWM, PID Controller, SMC, VAC, LVQNN, MPWM, FRL
- Accurate Position Control a Pneumatic Actuator Using On/Off Solenoid Valves Robert B. van Varseveld and Gary M. Bone 3, SEPTEMBER 1997
- Experimental tests on position control of a pneumatic actuator using on/off solenoid valves A. Gentile', N. 1. Giannncearo', G. Reina" 'Department die Ingneria dell'lnnovazione University die Lecce Via per Monteroni 73 100 Lecce (Italy)
- Intelligent switching control oF pneumatic actuator using on/off solenoid valves Kyoungkwan Ahn a,*, Shinichi Yokota ba School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, University of Ulsan, San 29, Muger 2dong,
- Van Varseveld, Robert B., and Gary M. Bone. "Accurate position control of a pneumatic actuator using on/off solenoid valves." IEEE/ASME Transactions on mechatronics 2.3 (1997): 195-204.
- Gentile, A., N. I. Giannoccaro, and G. Reina. "Experimental tests on position control of a pneumatic actuator using on/off solenoid valves." Industrial Technology, 2002. IEEE ICIT'02. 2002 IEEE International Conference on. Vol. 1. IEEE, 2002.
- Ahn, Kyoungkwan, and Shinichi Yokota. "Intelligent switching control of pneumatic actuator using on/off solenoid valves. “ Mechatronics” 15.6 (2005): 683-702.
- Chillari, S.; Guccione, S.; and Muscato, G. (2001). "An experimental comparison between several pneumatic control methods." Proc.of 40th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Orlando, FL, Dec.2001, pp1168-1173
- Menz W, Dimov SS. Editorial for the special issue of IJAMT on multi material micro system manufacturing. IJAMT 2007; Vol 47, Issues (1-4):73-74.
- Muto T, Kato H, Sakamoto K. Digital control of hydrostatic transmission system driven bydifferential pulse-width modulation. Trans JSME Part C 1995;61:3983–90.
- Noritsugu T. Development of PWM mode electro-pneumatic servomechanism, Part I: Speed control of a pneumatic system. J Fluid Control 1987;17(2):65–79.
- Tang and G. Walker, “Variable structure control of pneumatic actuators,” ASME J. Dynamic Syst., Measur., Contr., vol. 117, pp. 88–92, Mar. 1995.
- W. Surgenor and H. N. Iordanou, “Experience with advanced position control of a pneumatic systems,” presented at the IFAC Workshop: Trends in Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Chicago, IL, Nov. 1994.
- Pu, R. H. Weston, and P. R. Moore, “Digital motion control and profile planning for pneumatic servos,” ASME J. Dynamic Syst., Measur., Contr., vol. 114, pp. 634–640, Dec. 1992.
- Van Verseveld R.B., Bone‘ G.M., ‘Accurate position control of a pneumatic actuator using on/off solenoid valves’ ’ Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 2 n. 3 Sep. 1997.
- Figliolini G., Sorli M., ‘A pressure control system with digital electrovalves modulated in pwm and controlled via PIC’, 6Ih Int. Workshop on Robotics in Alp.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 341-351
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173164
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
, "Accurate Position Control of Pneumatic Actuator Using On/Off Solenoid Valve", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.341-351, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173164