Home > Archives > IJSRST173179
Analysis of Performance Measures for the Development of DEVNAGARI Character Recognition System : A Review
Authors(2) :-Shrutika C. Wankhade, Prashant M. Kakde
Devanagari script is widely used in the Indian subcontinent in several major languages such as Hindi, Sanskrit, Marathi and Nepali. Recognition of unconstrained (Handwritten) Devanagari character is more complex due to shape of constituent strokes. Hence character recognition has been an active area of research till now and it continues to be a challenging research topic due to its diverse applicable environment. As the size of the vocabulary increases, the complexity of algorithms also increases linearly due to the need for a larger search space. Devnagari script recognition systems using Zernike moments, fuzzy rule and quadratic classifier provide less accuracy and less efficiency. Classification methods based on learning from examples have been widely applied to character recognition have brought forth significant improvements of recognition accuracies. In this work technique like Artificial Neural Network, Support Vector Machines, Particle Swarm Optimization and Genetics Algorithm are implemented for showing the recognized Devnagari character by using Raspberry Pie.
Shrutika C. Wankhade, Prashant M. Kakde
Online Character Recognition (OCR), Classifiers, Raspberry Pie, Performance Analysis.
A. B. Author, Anilkumar N. Holambe Dr. Ravinder. C. Thool, ―Comparative Study of Devanagari Handwritten and printed Character & Numerals Recognition using Nearest-Neighbor Classifiers‖, 978-1-4244-5540- 9/102010 IEEE.
- Constantin Anton, CosminStirbu, Romeo, VasileBadea―Automatic hand writer identification using the feed forward neural networks‖, 978-0-9564263-7/6/2011 IEEE.
- U. Pal, T. Wakabayashi, F. Kimura, “Comparative Study of Devnagari Handwritten Character Recognition using Different Feature and Classifiers”, 10th Intl. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition, pp. 1111-1115, 2009.
- Sushama Shelke Shaila Apte, ―A Novel Multi-feature Multi- Classifier Scheme for Unconstrained Handwritten Devanagari Character Recognition‖, 2010, 12th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition.
- Sandhya Arora Meghnad Saha Debotosh Bhatcharjee Mita Nasipuri Latesh Malik, ―A Two Stage Classification Approach for Handwritten Devanagari Characters‖, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications 2007.
- Sreeraj. M Sumam Mary Idicula, ―On-Line Handwritten Character Recognition using Kohonen Networks‖, 2009 World Congress on Nature & Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC 2009).
- Vikas J Dongre Vijay H Mankar, ―A Review of Research on Devnagari Character‖, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 12– No.2, November 2010.
- Sandhya Arora Debotosh Bhattacharjee Mita Nasipuri D. K. Basu ―Recognition of Non-Compound Handwritten Devnagari Characters using a Combination of MLP and Minimum Edit Distance ‖,International Journal of Computer Science and Security (IJCSS),Volume (4)
- C. V. Jawahar, Pavan Kumar, S. S. Ravi Kiran, “A Bilingual OCR for Hindi-Telugu Documents and its Applications”, Seventh Intl. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR 2003) , pp 1-7, 2003.
- Yoshimasa Kimura, "Feature Selection for Character Recognition Using Genetic Algorithm", Fourth International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control 978-0-7695-3873-0/09© 2009 IEEE, 2009.
- Pahuni Saharan and Neha Sahu,”A Review of Handwritten Devanagari Character Recognition System over the Years, Journal of Network Communications and Emerging Technologies (JNCET) Volume 6, Issue 7, July (2016).
- Vedgupt Saraf, D.S. Rao, Devnagari Script Character Recognition Using Genetic Algorithm for Get Better Efficiency Vol. 7, Issue 2, No 1, March 2010.
- P.B.Khanale and S.D. Chitnis ―Handwritten Devnagri Character Recognition using Artificial Neural Network‖, Journal of Artificial Intelligence 4(1): 55-62, 2011, ISSN1994-5450.
- Ved Prakash Agnihotri, Offline Handwritten Devanagari Script Recognition, I.J. Information Technology and Computer Science, pp. 37-48, July. 2012.
- J. Pradeep, E. Srinivasan and S. Himavathi, “Diagonal Based Feature Extraction for Handwritten Alphabets Recognition System Using Neural Network”, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT), Vol 3, No 1, Feb 2011.
- Mahesh Jangid Kartar Singh, Renu Dhir, Rajneesh Rani, Performance Comparison of Devnagari Handwritten Numerals Recognition‖, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 –8887) Volume 22– No.1, May 2011.
- Dr. P. S. Deshpande Mrs. Latesh Malik Mrs. Sandhya Arora, Characterizing Hand Written Devanagari Characters using Evolved Regular Expressions‖, 1-4244-0549-1/ 2006 IEEE.
-  W. Ahmad, S. A. Hassan, M. A. Irfan, A. Bais, G. M. Hassan, S. A. Ali Shah, M. Khawaja. “Design and implementation of real time LPR system on a fixed point DSP”, 6th International Conference on Emerging Technologies, pp. 159-163, (2010).
- M. M. Farhad. “Real time numeric character recognition system based on finger movements,” International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology, pp. 1–5, (2013).
- A. Beltran, S. Mendoza. “Efficient algorithm for real time handwritten character recognition in mobile Devices”, 8thInternational Conference on Electrical Engineering Computing Science and Automatic Control, pp. 1–6, (2011).
- M. A. Abed (2013)“Simplifying Handwritten Character Recognition using PSO”, European academic research, No. 1.
- N. Sharma, U. Pal, F. Kimura, and S. Pal, “Recognition of Off-Line Handwritten Devnagari Characters Using Quadratic Classifier”, ICVGIP 2006, LNCS 4338, pp. 805 – 816.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 385-389
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173179
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shrutika C. Wankhade, Prashant M. Kakde, "Analysis of Performance Measures for the Development of DEVNAGARI Character Recognition System : A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.385-389 , January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173179