Home > Archives > IJSRST173182
Digital Fuel Measuring System with Distance to Zero and Fuel Fraud Indicator
Authors(2) :-Ch. Mani Kumar, Dr.R.B. Choudary
Most of the automobiles use analogue fuel gauge or digital fuel indicator which indicates level of fuel available in tank. Here user is unable to correctly estimate kilometres s/he can travel with the remaining fuel due to inaccurate information. Some fuel filling stations fraudulently fill less fuel by tampering their meters. This necessitates an advanced digital measuring system incorporated in the vehicle itself. The modified digital fuel measuring system presented in this paper addresses two issues: 1) indicating kilometres the vehicle can travel with existing fuel in tank and 2) independently measuring the fuel filled in the filling station. These features empower the user.
Ch. Mani Kumar, Dr.R.B. Choudary
PIC micro controller with A/D converter, fuel indicator, fuel fraud indicator
- A. Avinashkumar, U. Singaravelan, T.V. Premkumar and K.Gnanaprakash, "Digital fuel level indicator in two-wheeler along with distance to zero indicator", IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), 11:80 84 Mar- Apr. 2014.
- N.Jade, P.Shrimali, A.Patel, S.Gupta, "Modified type intelligent digital fuel indicator system", IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X, PP 20-23
- T.K. Wable, R.R. Shinde, "GSM based digital fuel meter and fuel theft detection using PIC microcontroller", International Journal of Advanced Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 4, April 2016
- K.Nitesh, B.N.Lohith, "Arduino based digital fuel gauge and vehicle monitoring system", Proceedings of 2nd ASAR International Conference, 2nd May-2015, Mysore, India, ISBN: 978-93-85465-06-2
- V.S.Vijayapriya, R.Devi "Determination of adulteration and quantity of petrol in automobiles" International Journal of Students Research in Technology & Management Vol 2 (02), March-April 2014, ISSN 2321-2543, pp. 53-54
- T.H. Wanga, M.C.Lua and C.C.Hsu, "Liquid-level measurement using a single digital camera", Measurement, 42(4): 2009, 604-610
- G.Betta, A. Pietrosanto and A. Scaglione, "A digital liquid level transducer based on opticalfiber", IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., 45: 1996, 551-555
- K.D. Dhande, S.R.Gogilwar, S.Yele and V. Gandhewar, "Fuel level measurement techniques: A systematic survey", International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 2, Issue 12, 2015 ISSN (online): 2321-0613
- A.Kumar, S.K.Singh, "Digital fuel indicator in two wheelers", IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research & Development Vol. 2, Issue 12, 2015 ISSN (online): 2321-0613
- K.A.Nitesh, B.N.Lohith, "Arduino based digital fuel gauge and vehicle monitoring system", Proceedings of 2nd ASAR International Conference, 2nd May-2015, Mysore, India, ISBN: 978-93-85465-06-2
- D.Gupta, B.Kr.Singh and K.Panwar, "A prototyping model for fuel level detector and optimizer", African Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences 4 (6): 226-229, 2012 ISSN 2079-2034
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 377-381
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173182
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ch. Mani Kumar, Dr.R.B. Choudary, "Digital Fuel Measuring System with Distance to Zero and Fuel Fraud Indicator", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.377-381, January-February-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173182