Home > Archives > IJSRST173190
Performance Evaluation of NS-hema21t Automated Hematology Analyzer and Comparison of the Hematological Parameters with Sysmex XT1800i
Authors(3) :-Noha Bassiouny Hassan Mostafa, Ayman Zakaria Ahmed Youssef, Mahmoud Abd Elzaher Kassab
The NS-hema21t is a new, fully automated Egyptian hematology analyzer, designed to generate CBC with 3-part differential. The aim of our study was to perform a performance evaluation for this analyzer. Methods: Performance was evaluated according to CLSI EP15-A2, EP06 and ICSH guidelines. Beside precision, trueness, linearity and carry-over, a comparison study with the Sysmex XT1800i and a manual reference leukocyte differential was performed. Flagging performance was also evaluated. Results: NS-hema21t showed excellent precision, trueness, linearity and carry-over results for all parameters tested. Comparison studies showed an acceptable correlation with both Sysmex XT1800i and the manual reference leukocyte count. A suboptimal flagging performance was demonstrated. Conclusion: the global verification results obtained provide a satisfactory integration of the NS-hema21t in the laboratory routine and accomplish an optimal reliability.
Noha Bassiouny Hassan Mostafa, Ayman Zakaria Ahmed Youssef, Mahmoud Abd Elzaher Kassab
Keywords: Complete Blood Count (CBC), CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute), ICSH (Council for Standardization in Hematology).
- Carey R.N, Anderson F.P, George H, Hartmann A.E, Janzen V.K, Kallner A, et al. User verification of performance for precision and trueness; Approved Guideline- Second Edition 2009;25:1-64.
- Briggs C, Culp N, Davis B, D’onofrio G, ZiniG, Machin SJ. ICSH guidelines for the evaluation of blood cell analyzers including those used for differential leukocyte and reticulocyte counting. Int Jnl Lab Hem 2014; 36:613?27.
- Tholen D.W, Kroll M, Astles J.W, Albert L , Happe T.M,? Krouwer J, et al. Evaluation of the Linearity of Quantitative Measurement Procedures: A Statistical Approach; Approved Guideline 2009;23:1-60.
- CLSI. Reference Leukocyte (WBC) Differential Count (Proportional) and Evaluation of Instrumental Methods. Approved standard, 2nd edn, H20-A2. Villanova, PA: USA Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute; 2007.
- http://www.islh.org/web/consensus_rules.php Last checked October 2015.
- Nakul-aquaronne? D, Sudaka-Sammarcelli I, Ferrero-Vacher C, Stark B and Bayle J. Evaluation of the Sysmex? XE-2100 hematology analyzer in hospital use. J Clin Lab Anal, 2003; 17: 113-23.
- Comar S.R. Quando se trabalha com mais de um equipamento ? importante que as calibra??es estejam semelhantes? Como se realiza esta verifica??o? In: MARTINHO, M. S. C. Hematologia em laborat?rio cl?nico. (Cole??o 156 perguntas e respostas). Org. OPLUSTIL, C. P. S?o Paulo: Sarvier; p. 190-2, 2012.
- Maciel T, Comar S and Beltrame M . Performance evaluation of the sysmex XE-2100 D automated hematology analyzer. J Bras Patol Med Lab 2014: 50: 26-35.
- Bio-tec. Operator’s Manual. Automated Hematology Analyzer NS-Hema21t. Alexandria, Egypt:? second Edition 2012 .
- Dievoet M.A, Louagie H and Ghys T. Performance evaluation of the Sysmex XP-300 in an oncology setting: evaluation and comparison of hematological parameters with the sysmex XN-3000. Int.Jnl.Lab.Hem 2016: 38:490-496.
- Briggs C, Kunka S, Pennaneach C, Forbes L and Machin SJ. Performance evaluation of a new compact hematology analyzer, the Sysmex pocH-100i. Lab Hematol 2003; 9:225?33.
- Barnes PW, McFadden SL, Machin SJ and Simson E. The international consensus group for hematology review: suggested criteria for action following automated CBC and WBC differential analysis. Lab Hematol 2005; 2: 83-90.
- La combe F, Cazaux N, Briais A, Labroille G, Puntous M, Reiffers J, et al . Evaluation of the differential flags on a hematology analyzer (Cobas Argos 5 Diff). Am J Clin Pathol.1995; 104: 495-502.
- Sireci A, Schlaberg R and Kratz A. A method for optimizing and validating institution-specific flagging criteria for automated cell counters. Arch Pathol Lab Med.2010; 134: 1528-33
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 33-41
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173190
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Noha Bassiouny Hassan Mostafa, Ayman Zakaria Ahmed Youssef, Mahmoud Abd Elzaher Kassab, "Performance Evaluation of NS-hema21t Automated Hematology Analyzer and Comparison of the Hematological Parameters with Sysmex XT1800i", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.33-41, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173190