Home > Archives > IJSRST1733104
Studies on Mechanical Properties of Bio Material Filler and Jute Fiber-Feathers Reinforced Hybrid Composite
Authors(4) :-K . Velmurugan, A. Sanjaikumar, V. Saravanaraj, P. Rajesh Kumar
The polymer based natural fiber composites are mostly used in automotive and aviation application because of their specific characteristics including light weight, low density, easy availability and reduced cost. Hence the present work is concentrated on bio-materials like jute fiber, chicken feather reinforced with egg shell as a filler material in composites. The composites samples were fabricated with various weight percentages of (Eggshell 10%,Eggshell 15%) combined with epoxy resin using hand lay-up method and various test were carried out like tensile, impact strength, hardness with the fabricated composite samples as per the ASTM standards.
K . Velmurugan, A. Sanjaikumar, V. Saravanaraj, P. Rajesh Kumar
Feather, Jute Fiber, Eggshell Powder, Mechanical properties
- K Nagi Reddy, V Chanrasekar, K Thirupathi Reddy And Syed Althaf Hussain "Performance Evaluation Of Emu Feather Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites" , International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology ISSN 2278 – 0149 Vol. 3, No. 1, January 2014.
- Anshuman Srivastava, Madhusoodan Maurya "Preparation And Mechanical Characterization Of Epoxy Based Composite Developed By Biowaste", International Journal Of Mechanical Engineering And robotic research , eISSN: 2319-1163 Pissn: 2321-7308 .
- K B Jagadeeshgouda, P Ravinder Reddy, K Ishwaraprasad " Experimental Study Of Behaviour Of Poultry Feather Fiber - A Reinforcing Material For Composites" ,International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology EISSN: 2319-1163 PISSN: 2321-7308.
- J. F. Silva, J. P. Nunes, A. C. Duro and B. F. Castro "Processing and properties of natural fibers reinforced thrmoplastic and Thermosseting composites ", The 19th International Conference On Composite Materials Dep. of Mechanical Engineering ISEP, 4200-072 Porto, Portugal.
- B. Nagaraja Ganesh and B. Rekha " A comparative study on tensile behaviour of plant and animal fiber reinforced composites ", International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies ISSN 2028-9324 Vol. 2 No. 4 Apr. 2013, pp. 645-648.
- Isiaka Oluwole Oladele, Jimmy Lolu Olajide, Okikiola Ganiyu Agbabiaka1,and Olawale Opeyemi Akinwumi " The Influence of Chemical Treatment on the Mechanical Behaviour of Animal Fibre-Reinforced High Density Polyethylene Composites". American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER) E-ISSN : 2320-0847 P-ISSN : 2320-0936 Volume-04, Issue-02, pp-19-26.
- Alagarsamy.s.v, ar ockia vincent sagayaraj.s, vignesh.s " Investigating the Mechanical Behaviour of Coconut Coir – Chicken Feather Reinforced Hybrid Composite". International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Volume 4, Issue 12, December 2015
- Ofem, Umar and Muhammed "Preparation and Characterization of Reinforced Egg Shell Polymer Composites". International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology ,ISSN (Print) : 2321-5747, Volume-3, Issue-3,2015.
- M.Ramesh, K.Palanikumar, and K.Hemachandra Reddy "Mechanical properties of hybrid glass fiber-sisal/jute reinforced epoxy composites". International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Vol. 2 No. 4 Apr. 2011.
- Ajith Gopinatha, Senthil Kumar.Mb, And Elayaperumal "Mechanical Performance Of Natural Fiber-Reinforced Epoxy Hybrid Composites" International Journal Of Engineering Research And Applications Issn: 2248-9622 Vol. 2, Issue 5, September- October 2012, Pp.615-619.
- T. Subramani, S.Krishnan. "Investigation of Mechanical Properties in Polyester and Phenylester Composites Reinforced With Chicken Feather Fiber" int. Journal of Engineering Research And Applications ISSN: 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 12, December 2014, Pp.93- 104.
- P. P. Purslow AND J. F. V. Vincent (1978) Mechanical properties of primary feathers from the Pigeon; exp. Biol., 73, 251-260
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 310-316
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1733104
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
K . Velmurugan, A. Sanjaikumar, V. Saravanaraj, P. Rajesh Kumar, "Studies on Mechanical Properties of Bio Material Filler and Jute Fiber-Feathers Reinforced Hybrid Composite", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.310-316, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1733104