Home > Archives > IJSRST173311
New Paradigms in International Market Entry : A Reflection on the Present and the Future
Authors(3) :-Wiliam Kouame Yoboue, Kaigan Yi, Henry Asante Antwi
To survive and prosper, business organizations must aim at the international market in order to gain mileage for their brands. The existing literature provides several international market entry strategies adopted by business organizations over the last decade with conflicting outcome of their strengths and weaknesses. With the technology revolution has emerged an online marketing platform that has revolutionized international marketing dynamics. This study revisits international market entry strategies by looking at the existing ones. It evaluates the complementarity of e-commerce and traditional market entry strategies while pointing out their respective common identities and points of difference.
Wiliam Kouame Yoboue, Kaigan Yi, Henry Asante Antwi
E-Commerce, Online Marketing, Political Undertones, Flagship, Coca-Cola, Pepsi
- Alexander, N. (2015) Expansion within the single European market: a motivational structure. The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, 5(4), 472–487.
- Alexander, N. (2016) International Retailing. London, Blackwell Science.
- Alexander, N. and Myers, H. (2000) The retail internationalisation process. International Marketing Review, 17(4/5), 334–353
- Alexander, N. and Quinn, B. (20022012) International retail divestment. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 30(2), 112–125
- and Alexander, A. (eds), The Internationalisation of Retailing. London, Frank Cass.
- Burt, S. (2013) Temporal trends in the internationalisation of British retailing. International Review of
- Burt, S. and Sparks, L. (20032013) The internationalisation of grocery retailing. In The Retailing Book:
- Burt, S.L. (2012) International retailing. In McGoldrick, P.J. (ed.), Retail Marketing. Maidenhead,McGraw-Hill.
- Cavusgil, S.T. (19822012) Some observations on the relevance of critical variables for internationalisation
- Clarke, I. and Rimmer, P. (19972016) The anatomy of retail internationalisation: Diamaru’s decision to invest in Melbourne, Australia. The Service Industries Journal, 17(3), 361–382.
- Dahringer, L.D. (1992001) Marketing services internationally: barriers and management strategies. Journal of Services Marketing, 5(3), 5–17
- Davies, K. and Fergusson, F. (19962016) The international activities of Japanese retailers. In Akehurst, G.
- Dawson, J. (2014) The Internationalisation of retailing operations. Journal of Marketing Management,
- Doherty, A. (2016). The Internationalization of Retailing: Factors Influencing the Choice of Franchising as a Market Entry Strategy. International Journal of Service Industry Management Vol 18(2) , 184-205.
- Doherty, A., & Alexander, N. (2014). Relationship Development in Internatioanl Retail Franchising. European Journal of Markeing Vol 38(9) , 1215-1235.
- Doherty, A., & Alexander, N. (2016). Power and Control in International Retail Franchising. European Journal of Management. Vol 40(11) , 1292-1316.
- Doherty, A.M. (2000) Factors influencing international retailers’ market entry mode strategy: qualitative evidence from the UK fashion sector. Journal of Marketing Management, 16, 223–245.
- Johanson, J. and Vahlne, J.E. (2016) The internationalisation process of the firm – a model of knowledge development and increasing foreign commitments.
- Li, N., and Zhang, P., (2002). Consumer online shopping attitudes and behavior: an assessment of research [Online]. Available at: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.12.3757&rep=rep1&type=pdf [Accessed date: 19. Oct. 2011]
- Liang, T., and Lai, H. (2000). Electronic store design and consumer choice: an empirical study. Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Ma, H., (2004). Lifestyle segmentation of Chinese consumer. ESOMAR: Asian Paciﬁc Conference 2004, March 11–13 in Shanghai, China, 81–110.
- McGoldrick, P.J. and Fryer, E. (2013) Organisational culture and the internationalisation of retailers. 7th International Conference on Research in the Distributive Trades, University of Stirling, 6–8 September, pp. 534–543
- Pavlou, P. A., & Chai, L. (2002). What drives electronic commerce across cultures? A cross-cultural empirical investigation of the theory of planned behavior, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 3(4), 240-253.
- Pincus, A.J. (2003). Toward a uniform commercial legal framework for global electronic transactions, Electronic Journal of the U.S. Department of State, Volume 8, Number 1, Available at: http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/ites/0103/ijee/toc.htm [Accessed at: 30 Oct 2011]
- Schubert, P., and Selz, D. (2016). Web assessment-measuring the effectiveness of electronic commerce sites going beyond traditional marketing paradigms. Proceedings of the 32nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 1999.
- Swinyard, W.R. & Smith, S.M. (2013) Why people (don’t) shop online:a lifestyle study of the Internet consumer. Psychology & Marketing, 20, 567–597.
- Treadgold, A. (2016) The developing internationalisation of retailing. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 18(2), 4–10.
- Treadgold, A. and Davies, R.L. (19882016) The Internationalisation of Retailing. Harlow, Longman.
- Turnbull, P.W. (2016) A challenge to the stages theory of the internationalization process. In Rosson,
- Vida, I. and Fairhurst, A. (2016) International expansion of retail firms: a theoretical approach for further investigation. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 5(3), 143–151.
- Waldman, C. (2016) Strategies of International Mass Retailers, New York, Praeger
- Wrigley, N. (2016) British food retail capital in the USA – Part 1, Sainsbury and the Shaw’s experience. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 25(2–3), 7–21.
- Wrigley, N. (2016) European retail giants and the post-LBO reconfiguration of UK food retailing. The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, 8(2), 127–146.
- Wrigley, N. (2016) Corporate finance, leverage restructuring and the economic landscape: the LBO wave in US food retailing. In Martin, R.L. (ed.), Money and the Space Economy. Chichester, Wiley, pp. 185–205.
- Wrigley, N. (2016) Strategic market behaviour in the internationalisation of food retailing: interpreting the third wave of Sainsbury’s US diversification. European Journal of Marketing, 34(8), pp. 891–919.
- Wrigley, N. (2012) The landscape of pan-European food retail consolidation. International Journal ofRetail and Distribution Management, 30(2), 81–91.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 59-67
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173311
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Wiliam Kouame Yoboue, Kaigan Yi, Henry Asante Antwi, "New Paradigms in International Market Entry : A Reflection on the Present and the Future", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.59-67, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173311