Home > Archives > IJSRST1733114
Production of Hydrogene and Environmental Impact of Storage the Energy Produced by Renewable Energies Via Hydrogen in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell
Authors(3) :-Z. Hbilate, Y. Naimi, D.Takky
Following the developments realized in recent years after the industrial revolution, a collective awareness of the need to protect and sustain the environment has emerged, mainly due to climate change, increased greenhouse gas emissions and depletion of natural fossil resources (oil, natural gas, coal, etc.). All these difficulties lead the humanity to think of improving the existing solutions, as well as to look for cleaner alternatives such as renewables energies for the satisfaction of the growing demand of energy needs and at the same time respond the climatic requirements at once. The difficulty of this later that must be overcome is the ability to store efficiently the energy produced in the form of electricity in clean and renewable energy production sites such as (the wind, photovoltaic,…), so that it can be used as needed. However, the electricity cannot be stored directly; therefore, it is necessary to convert electricity into storable and removable energy. The principle is to store energy from renewable sources via an electrolyzer, which converts electricity into hydrogen and oxygen during low consumption hours. This energy is returned to the grid via a fuel cell (which converts hydrogen and oxygen back into electricity) during periods of high consumption, especially when intermittent renewable energy sites do not produce anymore. In this perspective, the hydrogen (energy vector) remains one of the best promising solutions and one of the most attractive tracks, thanks to its energy and environmental qualities.
Z. Hbilate, Y. Naimi, D.Takky
Hydrogen, Renewable Energy, Fuel Cell.
- Y. Naimi, M. Saghir, A. Cherqaoui, B. Chatre, Energetic recovery of biomass in the region of Rabat, Morocco, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2016).
- C. Devillers, K. Pehr, J. S. Duffield, D. Weinmann, H. Vandenborre, A. Gonzales, R. Wurster, M. Kester, F. Heurtaux and P. Ekdunge, “European Integrated Hydrogen Project”, 12th World Hydrogen Energy Conference, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1998.
- R. Boudries-Khellaf, Etude d’un Syst?me de Production d’Hydrog?ne Solaire en Alg?rie, Rev. Energ. Ren. : Zones Arides (2002) 17-29.
- G. Bourbonneux, Production d’hydrog?ne, Le Raffinage du P?trole, T3 Proc?d?s de transformation, (1998) 463-515.
- D. TIGREAT, Les techniques de production de l’hydrog?ne et les risques associ?s, INERIS study report N? DRA-08-95313-07833B, Verneuil en Halatte Oise, 2008.
- M Fleys, Y Simon, P Marqua ire, F Lapicque. Production of hydrogen by partial catalytic oxidation of methane Study of the reaction mechanism. French Society of Process Engineering. French Congres de G?nie des Procedes, Oct 2007, Saint-Etienne, France. ISBN 2-910239-70-5 450; 8 pp, 2007, Recent Progress in Process Engineering.
- A.Damien, Hydrogen by electrolysis of water, Techniques of the Engineer. J6366, (1992).
- ??R. Rihani, R Alloune, A Bensmaili, F Kaidi, M Belhamel New Methods of Hydrogen Production, Center of Renewable Energies, 62. Bouzarea Observatory Road. Algiers Algeria.
- ?S. Chader, H. Hacene, M. Belhamel and S. Agathos, Etudes des proc?d?s de production biologiques de l’hydrog?ne, Revue des Energies Renouvelables Vol. 10 N?4 (2007) 497 ? 505.
- F.Hoppe -Seyler, Z.physiol.Chem. 11, 561-568, (1887).
- J. Legrand, Hydrogen Memento, Sheet 3.3.2, AFH2.
- L. H. strickland and M. Stephenson, Biochem. J 25, 205-214, (1931)
- S. Kosourov, A.Tsygankov, M. Seibert, M.L Ghirardi, "Sustained hydrogen photoproduction by Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: Effects of culture parameters ?, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 78, (2002), 731-740.
- A. Ayad, Y. Naimi, J. Bouet, J.F. Fauvarque, Journal of Power Sources, 130 (2004) 50?55.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 101-105
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1733114
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Z. Hbilate, Y. Naimi, D.Takky, "Production of Hydrogene and Environmental Impact of Storage the Energy Produced by Renewable Energies Via Hydrogen in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.101-105, May-June-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1733114