Home > Archives > IJSRST173312
A Stress Test for Stock Price : In Indonesia Example
Authors(2) :-Aris Wahyu Kuncoro, Rinni Meidiyustiani
This study aims to see how the application of the endurance test application can be used in calculating the price of shares in 10 companies in Indonesia. This study uses a model of test method of resistance, better known by the name of stress testing, at 10 Integration stock companies that are considered a good category in Indonesia. From the research that has been done can be concluded that firms should make better use of stress testing.
Aris Wahyu Kuncoro, Rinni Meidiyustiani
Financial Crisis, Risk Management, Stress Tests, Value At Risk.
- Alexander, C. (2008b). Market Risk Analysis. Value-At-Risk Models, vol. IV. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, England.
- Alexander, C., and Sheedy, E. (2008). Developing a stress testing framework based on market risk models. Journal of Banking and Finance 32 (10), 2220–2236.
- Allen, L., et, al. (2004). Understanding Market, Credit and Operational Risk: The Value at Risk Approach. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, UK.
- Bank of International Settlements. (2009). Principles for sound stress testing practices and supervision - final paper”; website http://www.bis.org, pp. 2-18
- Bali, T.G. (2003). An extreme value approach to estimating volatility and value-at-risk. Journal of Business 76 (1), 83–108.
- Bali, T.G., and Theodossiou, P. (2007). A conditional-SGT-VaR approach with alternative GARCH models. Annals of Operations Research 151 (1), 241–267.
- Bams, D., et, al. (2005). An evaluation framework for alternative VaR models. Journal of International Money and Finance 24 (6), 944–958.
- Basu, S. (2006). The impact of stress scenarios on VaR and expected shortfall, SSRN Working Paper No. 1091462.
- Basu, S. (2009). Stress testing for market risk: A comparison of VaR methods, SSRN Working Paper No. 1370965.
- Berkowitz, J. (1999). A coherent framework for stress-testing, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, July.
- Bhattacharyya, M., et, al. (2008). Conditional VaR estimation using Pearson’s type IV distribution. European Journal of Operational Research 191 (2), 386–397.
- BIS. (2005). Stress testing at major financial institutions: Survey results and practice, January, Bank for International Settlements.
- BIS. (2006). International convergence of capital measurement and capital standards: A revised framework, June, Bank for International Settlements.
- BIS. (2009a). Principles for sound stress testing practices and supervision, May, Bank for International Settlements.
- BIS. (2009b). Revisions to the Basel II market risk framework, July, Bank for International Settlements.
- BIS. (2009c). Analysis of the trading book quantitative impact study, October, Bank for International Settlements.
- BIS. (2010). Guidance on the application of the 2004 CPSS-IOSCO Recommendations for Central Counterparties to OTC derivatives CCPs, Consultative Report, May, Bank for International Settlements.
- Coffinet, J., et, al. (2009). Stress Testing French Banks’ Income Subcomponents, Working paper No. 242, Banque de France, August.
- De Bandt, O., and Oung, V. (2004). Assessment of ‘‘stress tests’’ conducted on the French banking system, Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, No. 5, pp. 55–72.
- Duffie, D., and Pan, J.. (1997). An Overview of Value-at-Risk, Journal of Derivatives, Spring, pp. 7–49.
- Gençay, R., et, al.. (2003). High volatility, thick tails and extreme value theory in value-at-risk estimation. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 33 (2), 337–356.
- Gibson, M.S. (2001). Incorporating Event Risk into Value-at-Risk, Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-17, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, April.
- Krokhmal, P., et, al. (2011). Modeling and optimization of risk. Surveys in Operations Research and Management Science 16 (2), 49–66.
- Ma, C., and Wong, W.K. (2010). Stochastic dominance and risk measure: A decision-theoretic foundation for VaR and C-VaR. European Journal of Operational Research 207 (2), 927–935.
- Pérignon, C., and Smith, D. (2010a). Diversification and value-at-risk. Journal of Banking and Finance 34 (1), 55–66.
- Pérignon, C., and Smith, D. (2010b). The level and quality of value-at-risk disclosure by commercial banks. Journal of Banking and Finance 34 (2), 362–377.
- Zangari, P. (1997). What risk managers should know about mean reversion and jumps in prices. RiskMetrics Monitor, Fourth Quarter, pp. 12–41.
- Additional website : http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stresstesting.asp
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 99-104
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173312
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Aris Wahyu Kuncoro, Rinni Meidiyustiani, "A Stress Test for Stock Price : In Indonesia Example", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.99-104, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173312