Home > Archives > IJSRST1733197
Design of a Home Surveillance System Based on the Android Platform
Authors(4) :-Shejwal Bhavna, Mojad Deepika, Gite Shivani,Gaikwad Pranita
Background subtraction methods are widely exploited for moving object detection in videos in many applications, such as traffic monitoring, human motion capture and video surveillance. How to correctly and efficiently model and update the background model and how to deal with shadows are two of the most distinguishing and challenging aspects of such approaches. This work proposes a general-purpose method which combines statistical assumptions with the object-level knowledge of moving objects, apparent objects (ghosts) and shadows acquired in the processing of the previous frames. Pixels belonging to moving objects, ghosts and shadows are processed differently in order to supply an object-based selective update. The proposed approach exploits gray color information for both background subtraction to improve object segmentation. The approach proves fast, flexible and precise in terms of pixel accuracy. The implementation of the background subtraction algorithm is done in two domains code is written in Matlab, then using Simulink blocks sets.
Shejwal Bhavna, Mojad Deepika, Gite Shivani,Gaikwad Pranita
Motion detection, Background subtraction algorithm, real time, Matlab/ Simulink, Xilinx.
- Jie Sun, Xiaofeng Xie, and Dexun Shao. “The research of embedded wireless remote mobile video surveillance systems,” IEEE Applied Robotics for the Power Industry, 2012, pp. 86-88.
- Chen W, Shih C C, and Hwang L J. “The Development and Applications of the RemoteReal-Time Video Surveillance System,” Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering, 2010, vol. 13(2), pp. 215-225.
- Won-Ho Chung. “A smartphone watch for mobile surveillance service,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 2012, vol. 16, issue 6, pp. 687.
- Yuanming Huang. “The design and implementation on a new generation of remotenetwork video surveillance system,” 2010 3rd International Conference onAdvanced Computer Theory and Engineering (ICACTE), Chendu, 2010, pp. 295-297.
- Li, Tong Tong. “Secure wireless monitoring and control systems for smart grid andsmart home,” Wireless Communications, 2012, vol. 19(3), pp. 66-73.
- Li L, Xiaoguang H, and Ke C. “The applications of wifi-based wireless sensor network ininternet of things and smart grid,” 2011 6th Industrial Electronics and Applications(ICIEA), 2011, pp. 789-792.
- Kumar S, La I T H, and Arora A. “Barrier coverage with wireless sensors,” Proc of the 11th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, New York: ACM Press, 2010, pp. 284-297.
- Khomh F, Hao Yuan, and Ying Zou. “Adapting Linux for Mobile Platform: An Empirical Study of Android,” 2011 28th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance, Trento: IEEE Computer Society, 2012, pp. 629-632.
- Yong Sheng, Guanling Chen, and Hongda Yin. “Map: a scalable monitoring system fordependable 802.11 wireless networks,” Wireless Communications, 2004, vol. 15(5), pp. 10-18.
- Victor Guana, Fabio Rocha, and Abram Hindle. “Do the Star Align Multidimensional Analysis of Android’s Layered Architecture,” 2012 9th IEEE Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories. Zurich: IEEE Computer Society, 2012, pp. 124-127.
- Vigneshwaran.K 1, Sumithra.S2, Janani.R3 "An Intelligent Tracking System Based on GSM and GPS Using Smartphones" Vol. 4, Issue 5, May 2015.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 129-133
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1733197
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shejwal Bhavna, Mojad Deepika, Gite Shivani,Gaikwad Pranita, "Design of a Home Surveillance System Based on the Android Platform", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.129-133, May-June-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1733197