Home > Archives > IJSRST173320
Fabrication and Study of the Parameters Affecting the Efficiency of a Bladeless Turbine
Authors(3) :-Sagar Polisetti, Sai Charan V, Mounika Miryala
Man always tried to extract as much energy as possible from the freely available energy sources in this world. One such attempt is the building of the turbine, which converts the fluid energy into mechanical energy, which is later converted into electrical energy. Due to the constant increase in the demand for this energy, the performance of these turbines mattered a lot and hence various types and designs of turbines were developed. One such turbine is the bladeless (Tesla) turbine. Many analytical studies have been carried out on this turbine but very limited information is available on the actual test results. In this paper, an attempt has been made to fabricate a turbine and study the effect of various parameters on the turbineís performance. The observations are plotted. Few parts and parameters are kept constant while the others are varied during the testing process. Maximum rpm which was 25,324 was observed at six bar pressure, two exhaust holes on each flange and operating with four-disc rotor assembly.
Sagar Polisetti, Sai Charan V, Mounika Miryala
Bladeless Tesla turbine, Renewable energy
- Arthur L. (Roy) Austin, D. John Ryley, “A Sourcebook on The Production of Electricity from Geothermal Energy”, US Government Report, USA
- N. Tesla, “Turbine”, 6th May 1913, US Patent 1,061,206
- Paritosh Singh, Tukesh Thakur,” A Comparative and Analytical Review of Impulse and Reaction turbine on the basis of type of action of the Water on the Blade”, International Journal of Research in Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering, vol. 2, issue 3, pp. 1-13, 2014.
- A.Z Szeri, S.J Schneider, “Flow between rotating disks”, Part 1, Basic flow, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 134, (1983) pp. 103-131
- M. E. Crawford, W. Rice, "Calculated Design Data for the Multiple- Disk Pump Using Incompressible Fluid," ASME Trans. J. Eng. Power, 96: 274-282 (1974)
- A. K. Chattopadhyay, D. N. Roy, “Radial Flow of a Viscous Fluid between Two Coaxially Rotating Discs”, Indian Journal of Technology, vol. 29, pp. 221-227, 1991
- J. H. Morris, "Performance of Multiple-Disk-Rotor Pumps with Varied Interdisk Spacings" U.S. Navy Report Number DTNSRDC-80/008, 1980
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 78-82
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173320
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sagar Polisetti, Sai Charan V, Mounika Miryala, "Fabrication and Study of the Parameters Affecting the Efficiency of a Bladeless Turbine", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.78-82, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173320