Home > Archives > IJSRST1733207
Study on Strength Parameters of In-Situ Fly Ash Based GEO Polymer Concrete with Nitobond PVA
Authors(5) :-Aravinthan. K, Sivakumar. N, Rajeshwaran. K, Sundaram. S. P, Praveen Kumar. G
Geo-polymer is an eco-friendly binding material alternative to ordinary Portland cement. Geo-polymer concrete is obtained by mixing the ingredients such as sodium hydroxide solution, sodium silicate solution, fly ash, and, fine aggregate (m-sand) and coarse aggregate. But in most of the literature they have carried out stream curing for initial and final strength. We are interested to know when the geo-polymer concrete is not steam cured or oven dried. Because due to less prefabricated structure in developing and underdeveloped country. Our aim is to research an alternative solution for 100% cement replaced, in-situ geo-polymer concrete. So, here we propose a research on 100% replacement of cement to fly ash and replace 100% river sand to M-sand. For achieving the binding property of geo-polymer concrete most of the literatures suggest to add sodium silicate and sodium hydroxide solution. We are adding the Nitobond PVA solution in addition to sodium silicate and sodium hydroxide solution to increase the strength of concrete. The samples are casted with Nitobond PVA agent in that we mix 2%, 4%, & 6% and cured by sunlight curing. Compressive strength, Tensile strength and young's modulus test are carried out to evaluate the behaviour of in-situ geo-polymer concrete.
Aravinthan. K, Sivakumar. N, Rajeshwaran. K, Sundaram. S. P, Praveen Kumar. G
Geo-polymer concrete, Sodium silicate and sodium hydroxide solution, Strength test, Nitobond PVA solution
- M.W.Ferdous,O.Kayali, (2013) ?A Detailed Procedure of Mix Design For Fly ash Based Geopolymer Concrete? Fourth Asia-Pacific Conference on FRP in Structures,
- Ankush khadwal (2015) ?A Brief Review On Geo-polymer Concrete? International Journal Of Advanced Research (ijaret), Vol.2, Issue3. July - Sept.
- 4. Mohamed Aquib Javeed, Veerendra Kumar.M, Dr. H.Narendra, (2015) ?Studies on Mix Design of Sustainable Geo-Polymer Concrete?, International Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering & Management (IJIREM) ISSN: 2350-0557, Volume-2, Issue-4, July 2015.
- S Ganesh Kumar, Dr. MI Abdul Aleem, S Dinesh (2012), ?Optimum Mix for the geo-polymer concrete?, Indian journal of science and technology, vol. 5 no. 3, mar.
- Abhishek c. ayachit pranav b. nikam , siddharth n. pise , akash d. shah , vinayak h. pawar (2016) ?Mix Design Of Fly-Ash Based Geo-polymer Concrete,? International Journal Of Scientific And Research Publications?, Volume 6, Issue 2.
- Shri N. G.Bhagavan, R.Kumutha. (2016) ? Development Of Low Strength And Geo-Polymer Concrete Mix Utilizing Demolished Aggregate?. International Journal of Advanced Research, Volume 4, Issue 4, pp. 1168-1179.
- S Ganesh Kumar, Dr. MI Abdul Aleem, S Dinesh (mar 2012) ?Optimum Mix for the geo-polymer concrete? Indian journal of science and technology, vol. 5 no. 3.
- IS:2386-1963 (Part-III). Methods of Test for aggregates for concrete Part III specific gravity, density, voids, absorption and bulking. Bureau of Indian Standards.
- IS:383-1970. Specification for coarse aggregate and fine aggregate from natural sources for concrete. Bureau of Indian Standards.
- IS:456-2000. Plain and Reinforced concrete- code of practice (Fourth Revision). Bureau of Indian Standards.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 01-06
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1733207
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Aravinthan. K, Sivakumar. N, Rajeshwaran. K, Sundaram. S. P, Praveen Kumar. G, "Study on Strength Parameters of In-Situ Fly Ash Based GEO Polymer Concrete with Nitobond PVA", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.01-06 , May-June-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1733207