Home > Archives > IJSRST173325
Design and Implementation of Smart Fault Detection System for Industrial Power House using PLC and SCADA
Authors(6) :-Haider Waqar Mufti, Abbas Asif Tanoli, Saqib Waqar Mufti, Dr. Abdur Rashid, Fahad Durrani, Sajjad Durrani
This paper presents the use of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) for fault detection in an industrial generation system along with test bench facility. This project is of immense importance on industrial scale as it ensures the safety of all the equipment used in the process. To prevent an industry from a
bigger loss it is a one-time investment that is conventionally used. This system will provide online monitoring in control room of the generation system. This system will automatically detect the generation faults in field and these faults will be monitored on SCADA. If the system detects any kind of fault it will automatically shut down the generator. The generator can be switched on from petrol to gas using SCADA and can control and manage the distribution load with the help of our HMI. The system will detect the fault with the help of sensors which are installed on the generator then sensors will send the signal to PLC further monitored on SCADA. This project is not only limited to industrial use but it can also be use for domestic and commercial purposes.
Haider Waqar Mufti, Abbas Asif Tanoli, Saqib Waqar Mufti, Dr. Abdur Rashid, Fahad Durrani, Sajjad Durrani
PLC, SCADA, Industrial Generation, Fault Detection
- Kashem M.A & Ledwich, G. (2005), "Multiple Distributed Generators for Distribution Feeder Voltage Support", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, ISSN: 676-684, Volume 20 Issue 3.
- Kaur, H. & Prof. Gill, H.S. (2014), "Automation of 11kv Substation using PLC and SCADA, Ludhiana : A Case Study", International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181, Volume 3 Issue 11.
- Kumar, G, Gite, V, Gulame, P & Karodi, S.M. (2015), "PLC Based Automatic Excitation Control of Synchronous Generator", International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, ISSN: 2321-0613, Volume 3 Issue 4.
- Sohail, S, Nasim, S & Ali, F. (2015), "Switching of Generator using PLC with SCADA and Implementation of ATS with GSM Alerts", Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering Research, ISSN: 2321-5941, Volume 2 Issue10.
- Siemens (2000), System Software for S7-300 and S7-400- Reference Manual, SIEMENS 08/2000: A5E00069892-02.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 105-111
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173325
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Haider Waqar Mufti, Abbas Asif Tanoli, Saqib Waqar Mufti, Dr. Abdur Rashid, Fahad Durrani, Sajjad Durrani, "Design and Implementation of Smart Fault Detection System for Industrial Power House using PLC and SCADA", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.105-111, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173325