Home > Archives > IJSRST173341
Embedded Power and Energy Management System Using Low Power Arduino
Authors(2) :-M. Siva, V. Vijayasheela
Electronic metering technology greatly reduces the man power and time and also made easy for remote area people for paying the bill. It also reduces the non-payment of the bill and avoids the mistake due to manual calculation. Power theft is one of the greatest problems that our country is facing and with the help of this AEM power theft can be greatly reduced. This energy meter always have predefined value of amount of electricity that the user is going to use .If there is any huge difference between the amount of power transmitted (including technical losses) and amount of power being billed then it comes to the conclusion that there exist an power theft .This power theft can be greatly reduced with the help of AME. This paper deals with automatic meter reading and theft control system. In the proposed work, the total power consumption at the load end will be calculated by using arduino microcontroller and it is used to detect any theft between energy meter and service line.
Wireless, Automatic Energy Meter (AEM), Theft detection & tampering system, relay driver, SMS
- Chia-Hung Lien, Hsien-Chung Chen, "Power Monitoring and Control for Electric Home Appliances Based on Power Line Communication". IEEE International Instrumentation & Measurement Tech Conference 2008.
- S. Arun, sidappa Naidu, "Design and implementation of automatic meter reading system using GSM, ZIGBEE through GPRS" in international journal of advanced research in computer science engineering, 2012.
- Giovanni Bucci, EdoardoFiorucci "Embedded Power and Energy Measurement System Based on an Analog Multiplier". IEEE transaction on instrumentation & measurement AUG 2013.
- Virendra Pandey, Amit Sharma "Wireless Electricity Theft Detection System Using Zigbee Technology" IJRITCC MAR 2013.
- Siddarameswara H.N. "GSM based electricity theft identification in houses and in industry sector", ICEE-21st June 2014, ISBN-978-93-81693-6603-03
- P. Harish M.Tech, S. S. (2012). GSM Based Automatic Wireless Energy Meter Reading System. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (ERT).
- Gomez C.; Paradells J. 2010. Wireless home automation networks: A survey of architectures and Technologies. IEEE Communications Magazine. 48(6): 92-101.
- P. Rakesh Malhotra et al. / IJET "automatic meter reading and theft control system by using GSM", 2013.
- Sharma.S and Shoeb.S (2011).Design and implementation of wireless automatic Meter Reading system. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology (IJEST), vol 3, No 3,
- C. J. Bandim, E. R. Alves., A. V. Pinto, F. C. Souza, M. R. B. Loureiro, C. A. Magalhges and F. Galvez-Durand, "Identification of Energy Theft and Tampered Meters Using a Central Observer Meter: A Mathematical Approach", Transmission and distribution conference and exposition, 2003 IEEE PES, vol. 1, pp. 163-168,2003.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 157-161
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173341
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
M. Siva, V. Vijayasheela, "Embedded Power and Energy Management System Using Low Power Arduino", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.157-161, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173341