Home > Archives > IJSRST173343
Analysis of alternative Friction Surface Materials of Piaggio Ape Model Clutch Plate using FEA
Authors(6) :-Subash Kumar Jaladhi *, M. Kareemulla, B. Kalyan Kumar, M. V. R. Sai Chakri, M. Pradeep, T. N. V. Ashok Kumar
In a power transmission system of automobiles, Clutch plate is one of the most significance devices which are used to engage or disengage of power from the engine crank shaft to the gear box. For transmit maximum torque by using friction clutches is essential to select a proper friction material. The selection of friction material is one of the important tasks to increase a prolonged period of the clutch plate.
In this study comparison is done for different friction materials to approve the better friction lining materials for Piaggio Ape clutch plate. This paper aimed to investigate structural behaviour by varying the friction surface material and keeping backing material aluminium same in a clutch plate. In this modelling of Piaggio Ape clutch plate has been created by solid work and then imported to ANSYS for power transmission application to study the structural analysis. Solid works is a software package for 3D modelling and ANSYS is commonly used in finite element analysis software package.
Subash Kumar Jaladhi *, M. Kareemulla, B. Kalyan Kumar, M. V. R. Sai Chakri, M. Pradeep, T. N. V. Ashok Kumar
Clutch plate, friction clutches, FEA, solid work, ANSYS, steel, aluminium, Grey Cast Iron
- B. Sreevani, and M. Murali Mohan, “Static and Dynamic Analysis of Single Plate Clutch”, International Journal Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, pp-8408-7418.
- K.C. Lathiya, N.P. Badola Et. Al, “A Literature Review on Failure in Single Plate Clutch System”, IJSRD, Vol.2, pp-361-363, Oct 2014ber 2015
- Chaikittiratana, S. Koetniyom, and S. Lakkam, “Static/kinetic Friction behaviour of a Clutch Facing Material: Effects of Temperature and Pressure", International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering,vol-6,pp-1048-1051,2012.
- Qing Wang, Tengjiao Lin , Li Pan and Quenching Peng, “Internal Flow path Optimization of Wet Multi-plate Friction Clutch”, International Conference on Mechatronics, Robotics and Automation ICMRA ,pp-620-623,2015]
- Oday I. Abdullah, and J. Schlattmann, “Effect of Band Contact on the Temperature Distribution for Dry Friction "International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol:6,pp- 1807-1817
- M.F. Vaz , M. A Fortes, ‘Friction properties of cork’, Article in Journal of Materials Science 33(8):2087-2093 · April 1998
- Virendra kumar patel, Gopal Sahu, Prakash Kumar Sen, Et. Al. ‘Review on Wear Analysis of Different Types of Clutch Material’, International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, Vol.3, No.11, November 2015 E-ISSN: 2321-9637.
- Ravikiran Mohan Tate, JSPM's ICOER, Wagholi Et. Al. ‘Design and Analysis Of Clutch Plate For Automatic Single Plate Clutch’, 2015, Volume: 3, Issue: 9, IJSRDV3I90628, Pages: 955-958.
- May Thin Gyan, Hla Min Htun, Htay Htay Win, ‘Design and Structural Analysis of Single Plate Clutch’, ISSN 2319-8885 Vol.03, Issue.10 May-2014, Pages: 2238-2241.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 162-171
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173343
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Subash Kumar Jaladhi *, M. Kareemulla, B. Kalyan Kumar, M. V. R. Sai Chakri, M. Pradeep, T. N. V. Ashok Kumar, "Analysis of alternative Friction Surface Materials of Piaggio Ape Model Clutch Plate using FEA", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.162-171, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173343