Home > Archives > IJSRST173345
Safety Measures In Mines using Automation
Authors(5) :-Siddharth A.K. Dhagat, Diksha A. Srivastav, Neha Y. Fulzele, Arati P.Bondre, Atharva U. Kulkarni
In this paper we are implementing surveillance, safety measures for mine workers which is most essential in underground mining areas/sections. Here we are presenting MEMS based sensors network used to monitor the environment parameters of underground mine area and sends all sensed parameters/data to the PLC( Programmable Logic Controller). Gas sensor is used to detect the gas found underground. The vibration sensor is used to detect the vibrations .Vibration above a particular level would be assumed as a problem in the mine which would actuate the lift and provide timely help to the workers.
Siddharth A.K. Dhagat, Diksha A. Srivastav, Neha Y. Fulzele, Arati P.Bondre, Atharva U. Kulkarni
Sensors Network, PLC, Gas Sensor, Vibration Sensor
- E. K. Stanek, “Mine Electrotechnology Research: The Past 17 Years”, IEEE transactions on industry applications, vol. 24(5), pp 818-19, 1988.
- S. Wei, L. Li-li, “Multi-parameter Monitoring System for Coal Mine based on Wireless Sensor Network Technology”, Proc. International IEEE Conference on Industrial Mechatronics and Automation, pp 225-27, 2009.
- Y.P. Zhang, G. X. Zheng, J. H. Sheng, “Radio Propagation at 900 MHz in Underground Coal Mines”, IEEE transactions on antennas and propagation, vol.49(5), pp. 752-62, 2001.
- S. Jin-ling, G. Heng-wei, S. Yu-jun, “Research on Transceiver System of WSN Based on V-MIMO Underground Coal Mines”, Proc. International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing, pp 374-378, 2010.
- N. Chaamwe, W. Liu, H. Jiang, “Seismic Monitoring in Underground Mines: A case of Mufulira Mine in Zambia Using wireless Sensor Networks for Seismic Monitoring”, Proc. IEEE international Conference on Electronics and Information Engineering, vol. 1(V1), pp 310-14, 2010.
- X. Ma, Y. Miao, Z. Zhao, H. Zhang, J. Zhang, “A novel approach to Coal and Gas Outburst Prediction Based on Multi-sensor Information Fusion”, Proc. IEEE international conference on automation and logistics, pp 1613-18, China 2008.
- C. Qiang, S. J. Ping, Z. Zhe, Z. Fan, “ZigBee Based Intelligent Helmet for Coal Miners”, Proc. IEEE World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering, pp. 433-35, 2009.
- D. Koenig, M. S. Chiaramonte, A. Balbinot, “Wireless Network for Measurement of Whole-Body Vibration”, J. Sensors, vol. 8, pp. 3067- 81, 2008. 11http://www.mxcom.com, accessed June, 2011.
- http://www.citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download, accessed August 2010.
- http:// www.MaxStream.net , accessed June, 2011.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 135-140
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173345
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Siddharth A.K. Dhagat, Diksha A. Srivastav, Neha Y. Fulzele, Arati P.Bondre, Atharva U. Kulkarni, "Safety Measures In Mines using Automation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.135-140, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173345