Home > Archives > IJSRST173348
Irrigated Areas Discharge and Sediment Interaction Case Study Roseires Dam
Authors(3) :-Nabela Hamed Elamein, Abbas Abd Alla, Gassan Khalid
Dams and reservoirs are constructed in rivers for multipurpose. Irrigation is always predominant. Irrigated agriculture in Sudan produces about 50 % of the total crop production. There is always painstaking in removing sediments from the irrigation network system. The objective of this study is to assess the relations among sediment irrigated areas and discharge in Roseires Dam Reservoir. Dimensional analysis and SPSS models, in both simple and multiple correlations were conducted. The simple correlation gave acceptable results with high correlation coefficients. Complete set of dimensionless groups were obtained in the multiple regression correlation. Examination of the results indicated good correlation with acceptable error.
Nabela Hamed Elamein, Abbas Abd Alla, Gassan Khalid
irrigation network, agricultural schemes, Buckingham pi theorem, SPSS
- Adam, A. M., (1997), “Irrigation Funding Issues in Agricultural Schemes,” (in Arabic), A Seminar on irrigation problems in the irrigated sector, Khartoum, Sudan, June, 1997
- Bechteler, W. (1997) "The Effects of Inaccurate Input Parameters on Deposition of Suspended Sediment." International Journal of Sediment Research, 12(3), 191- 198
- Dams Implementation Unit, 2012, Sudan.
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations). 1995. Assistance to land use planning in Ethiopia (geomorphology and soils). FAO, Rome.
- Mahmood, k, (1987) reservoir sedimentation impact.
- Tan. Soon-Keat, Guoliang. Ya, Siow.-Yong. Lim Flow structure and sediment motion around submerged vanes in open channel Journal of the Hydraulics Division, ASCE, 131 (3) (2005), pp. 132–136.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 112-128
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173348
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Nabela Hamed Elamein, Abbas Abd Alla, Gassan Khalid, "Irrigated Areas Discharge and Sediment Interaction Case Study Roseires Dam", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.112-128, March-April-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173348