Home > Archives > IJSRST173352
An Analysis on Smooth Handoff Technique in NEMO Route Optimization Protocols
Authors(2) :-V. Kalpana, Dr. S. Karthik
With existing Network Mobility Basic Support (NEMO BS) protocol, entire transmissions are completely handled via Mobile Router (MR) to its home network on behalf of all Mobile Network nodes (MNNs) during movement among different networks. This concerns in enlarged length of route with higher delay and loss in best cases. Hence, in order to overcome these constraints, applying Smooth Handoff (SH) technique in Route Optimization (RO) for NEMO is an optimal solution. Consequently, the main aim of this paper is to offer a constructive analysis by doing analysis on some of the current approaches on soft handoff for RO in NEMO as well as discuss their strengths and weaknesses concerning delay and packet loss with some open issues.
V. Kalpana, Dr. S. Karthik
NEMO BS, soft handoff, RO, MR
- Devarapalli, V., Wakikawa, R., Petrescu, A., & Thubert, P. Route optimization in network mobility: Solutions, classification, comparison, and future research (2005). Network mobility (NEMO) basic support protocol. directions. Communications Surveys & Tutorials, RFC 3963, January. IEEE, 12(1), 24-38.
- Abdalla Hashim, A. H., Hassan, W. H., Islam, S., Saeed, R. A., Hasan, M. K., Daoud, J. I., & Khalifa, O. O. (2012). An enhanced macro mobility management scheme in NEMO environment to achieve seamless handoff. World Applied Sciences Journal, 20, 35-39.
- Islam, S., Aisha-Hassan, A. H., Saeed, R. A., Khalifa, O. O., Hasan, M. K., Mahmoud, O., & Hameed, S. A. (2011). Mobility Management Schemes in NEMO to Achieve Seamless Handoff: A Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5(6), 390-402.
- Islam, S., Abdalla, A. H., Habaebi, M. H., Latif, S. A., Hasan, M. K., & Saeed, R. A. (2013, August). Multihoming based mobility management scheme in NEMO: A qualitative and quantitative analysis. In Computing, Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ICCEEE), 2013 International Conference on (pp. 394-397). IEEE.
- Islam, S., Abdalla, A. H., Khalifa, M. K. H. O. O., Mahmoud, O., & Saeed, R. A. (2012, July). Macro mobility scheme in NEMO to support seamless handoff. In Computer and Communication Engineering (ICCCE), 2012 International Conference on (pp. 234-238). IEEE.
- Chang, Chau, and Chia-Hao Chou. "HCoP-B: a hierarchical care-of prefix with BUT scheme for nested mobile networks." Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on 58.6 (2009): 2942-2965.
- Kong, R., Feng, J., Gao, R., & Zhou, H. (2012). A new route optimization scheme for network mobility: Combining ORC protocol with RRH and using quota mechanism. Communications and Networks, Journal of, 14(1), 91-103.
- Bauer, C. (2011, September). NEMO route optimization with strong authentication for aeronautical communications. In Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), 2011 IEEE 22nd International Symposium on (pp. 788-793). IEEE.
- Hasan, S. S., & Hassan, R. (2013). Enhancement of return routability mechanism for optimized-NEMO using correspondent firewall. ETRI Journal, 35(1), 41-50.
- Mosa, A. A., Abdalla, A. H., & Saeed, R. A. (2012). Evaluation of MANEMO route optimization schemes. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 35(5), 1454-1472.
- Lee, J. H., & Bonnin, J. M. (2013). HOTA: Handover optimized ticket-based authentication in network-based mobility management. Information Sciences, 230, 64-77.
- Huang, C. M., Lee, C. H., & Zheng, J. R. (2006). A novel SIP-based route optimization for network mobility. Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Journal on, 24(9), 1682-1691.
- Lim, H. J., Kim, M., Lee, J. H., & Chung, T. M. (2009). Route optimization in nested NEMO: classification, evaluation, and analysis from NEMO fringe stub perspective. Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on, 8(11), 1554-1572.
- Shahriar, A. Z. M., Atiquzzaman, M., & Ivancic, W. (2010).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 179-182
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173352
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
V. Kalpana, Dr. S. Karthik, "An Analysis on Smooth Handoff Technique in NEMO Route Optimization Protocols", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.179-182, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173352