Home > Archives > IJSRST173366
Construction and operation of low cost hydrophone for underwater sound detection
Authors(2) :-Yuvraj C. Mohite, P. N. Arotale
As industrial activities continue to grow on the coast, underwater sound measurements are becoming of great scientific importance as they are essential to evaluate the impact of these activities on local ecosystems. In this paper, the use of commercial underwater recorders is not always the most feasible alternative, due to their high cost and lack of flexibility. Design and construction of more affordable alternatives from scratch can become complex because it requires profound knowledge in areas such as electronics and low-level programming. With the aim of providing a solution, low-cost alternative to commercial recorders is proposed to build. A properly working prototype will be assembled and it will be demonstrating adequate performance levels. The underwater recording device can be successfully deploying at selected locations along the coast, where it adequately recorded animal and manmade acoustic events, among others.
Yuvraj C. Mohite, P. N. Arotale
Underwater Acoustic, Sound Pressure Level
- Urick, Robert J. Principles of Underwater Sound, 3rd Edition. New York. McGraw-Hill, 1983.
- Fedric c decker, “Underwater sound detection using seaperch through consruction of hydrophone,” dept of mechanical engg.brigham young univercity, p 32,Aug 2015.
- Watlington, F., 1979. How to Build & Use Low Cost Hydroph -ones. TAB Books, Blue Ridge Summit, PA (currently out of print)
- Brekhovskikh, L., & Lysanov, Y. P. (2003). Fun-damentals of Ocean Acoustics. New York, New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Burdic, W. S. (1984). Underwater Acoustic System Analysis. Englewoodk CLiffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall.
- Raichel, D. R. “The Science and Applications of Acoustics”, New York, New York: Springer Sci-ence+Business Media,2006
- Yost, W. A. (2007). Fundamentals of Hearing an Introduction. Burlington, Massachusetts: Elsevier Inc.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 240-243
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173366
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Yuvraj C. Mohite, P. N. Arotale, "Construction and operation of low cost hydrophone for underwater sound detection", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.240-243, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173366