Home > Archives > IJSRST173371
A review on benefits of implementing lean manufacturing
Authors(2) :-Jinal S Patel, Dr. Gajanand S. Patange
In competitive environment, lean manufacturing is necessary in every industry. Due to rapidly changing business environment the organizations are face challenges. Any organization whether manufacturing or service oriented, to survive may depend on its ability and continuously improvement in process. Therefore value adding process is necessary to achieve this perfection; hence implementing a lean manufacturing system is becoming a part of any type of organizations to sustain. Moreover, Lean manufacturing are widely used for eliminating various types of waste and increase profit of organization by making process more efficient. This paper gives the literature survey on lean tools to apply the lean manufacturing and presents benefits of implementing lean manufacturing.
Jinal S Patel, Dr. Gajanand S. Patange
lean manufacturing, lean tools, lean implementation.
- Haefner, B., Kraemer, A., Stauss, T., & Lanza, G. (2014). Quality value stream mapping. Procedia CIRP, 17, 254-259.
- Rahani, A. R., & Al-Ashraf, M. (2012). Production flow analysis through value stream mapping: a lean manufacturing process case study. Procedia Engineering, 41, 1727-1734.
- Antony, J., & Desai, D. A. (2009). Assessing the status of Six Sigma implementation in the Indian industry: results from an exploratory empirical study. Management Research News, 32(5), 413-423.
- Sheth, P. P., Deshpande, V. A., & Kardani, H. R. (2014). Value stream mapping: a case study of automotive industry. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 3(1), 310-314.
- Taj, S., & Berro, L. (2006). Application of constrained management and lean manufacturing in developing best practices for productivity improvement in an auto-assembly plant. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 55(3/4), 332-345.
- Rahman, N. A. A., Sharif, S. M., & Esa, M. M. (2013). Lean manufacturing case study with Kanban system implementation. Procedia Economics and Finance, 7, 174-180.
- Aradhye, A. S., & Kallurkar, S. P. (2014). A Case Study of Just-In-Time System in Service Industry. Procedia Engineering, 97, 2232-2237.
- Naufal, A., Jaffar, A., Yusoff, N., & Hayati, N. (2012). Development of Kanban system at local manufacturing company in Malaysia–case study. Procedia Engineering, 41, 1721-1726.
- Rohani, J. M., & Zahraee, S. M. (2015). Production line analysis via value stream mapping: A lean manufacturing process of color industry. Procedia Manufacturing, 2, 6-10.
- Singh, R., Gohil, A. M., Shah, D. B., & Desai, S. (2013). Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) implementation in a machine shop: A case study. Procedia Engineering, 51, 592-599.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 249-252
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173371
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Jinal S Patel, Dr. Gajanand S. Patange, "A review on benefits of implementing lean manufacturing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.249-252, March-April-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173371