Home > Archives > IJSRST173383
Joining of Dissimilar Material in MIG Welding - A Review
Authors(2) :-Jay H. Patel, Dr. Gajanan S. Patange
Joining of dissimilar metals has found its extensive use in nuclear reactors, power generation, electronic, petrochemical and chemical industries because of environmental concerns, high performance, cost saving, energy saving and other factors. However efficient welding of dissimilar metals has posed a major challenge due to difference in thermal, mechanical and chemical properties of the materials to be joined under common welding condition. A variety of problems arises in welding dissimilar materials like cracking, causing stress concentration on one side of the weld due to migration of atoms during welding, large weld residual stresses, tensile and compression stresses, cracking, etc.
Jay H. Patel, Dr. Gajanan S. Patange
MIG, GMAW, MAG, Dissimilar Material
- Amit Kumar, Dr. R. S. Jadoun and Ankur Singh Bist, “Optimization of MIG welding parameters using Artificial Neural Network (ANN) and Genetic Algorithm (GA)”, International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, July (2014), 3(7), pp.- 614-620.
- Ajit Hooda, Ashwani Dhingra and Satpal Sharma, “Optimization of MIG welding process parameter to predict maximum yield strength in AISI 1040”, International journal of Mechanical engineering and Robotics research, October (2012), Vol 1, No. 3, pp.-203-213.
- M. Aghakhani, E. Mehrdad, and E. Hayati, “Parametric optimization of gas metal arc welding process by Taguchi method on weld dilution”, International Journal of Modeling and Optimization, August (2011), Vol. 1, No. 3, pp.- 216-220.
- Abdul wahab H. Khuder and Esam J. Ebraheam, “Study the factors effecting on welding joint of dissimilar metals”, Al-Khwarizmi engineering journal, April (2011), Vol 7, No. 1, pp.-76-81.
- Monika K., Bala Chennaiah M., Nanda Kumar P. and Prahalada Rao P., "The Effect of Heat input on the Mechanical Properties of MIG Welded Dissimilar Joints". International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, (2013), vol 2, pp. 1406-1413.
- Rajkumar Duhan and Rajesh Nandal, “Maximizing tensile strength in AISI 50110 (En 31) welded joints using gas metal arc (GMAW) welding”, International journal of engineering sciences paradigms and researches, October (2013), Vol.08, Issue 01, pp.- 41-57.
- Pradip D. Chaudhari and Nitin N. More, “Effect of welding process parameters on tensile strength”, IOSR journal of engineering, May (2014), Vol. 04, Issue 05, pp.-01-05.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 280-282
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173383
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Jay H. Patel, Dr. Gajanan S. Patange, "Joining of Dissimilar Material in MIG Welding - A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.280-282, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173383