Home > Archives > IJSRST17339
A Review on Split Cycle S. I. Engine & Axial S.I. Engine (Duke Engine) Compared with Conventional S. I. Engine
Authors(4) :-Ch. Mani Kumar, P. Rajendra Babu, R Narendra Kumar, Y. Raghu Ram
Internal combustion engines play an important role in percent scenario, there study is also very important in research for many automobile industries and also environmental concerns. Automobiles changes day by day based on the customer requirements (Low fuel consumption, Low vibrations, and safety). IC engines are used not only in automobile industries but are also used in sea as well as air for transportation, as a prime mover for electric generators and in industrial applications. There efficiencies and their environmental impacts are very important for both the human and environment. A new IC engine developed by the Scuderi group called 'Scuderi Split Cycle Engine’ and also a new engine technology developed by New Zealand Duke Engines is called axial S.I. engine (Duke Engine). The engine working, performances are described in this review paper. These engines are more efficient than the conventional engines and also have less emissions. These engines have high volumetric, thermal and relative efficiencies. Maas of fuel consumption and vibrations are less.
Ch. Mani Kumar, P. Rajendra Babu, R Narendra Kumar, Y. Raghu Ram
Conventional Engine, Split Cycle Engine, Axial Engine.
- Anshul Jangalwa "SCUDERI SPLIT CYCLE ENGINE: A REVIEW" International Journal of mechanical engineering and Robotics research ISSN 2278 – 0149 www
- Prof. Dattu Balu Ghane "SCUDERI SPLIT CYCLE ENGINE: REVOLUTIONARY TECHNOLOGY & EVOLUTIONARY DESIGN REVIEW" International Journal of Innovation in Engineering, Research and Technology IJIERTICITDCEME’15 Conference Proceedings ISSN No - 2394-3696
- Sudeer Gowd Patil1, Martin A.J.2, Ananthesha3- Study on Performance Characteristics of Scuderi Split Cycle Engine. SAS TECH (2012), Volume 11, Issue 1.
- Prince Bora1, Neeraj Joshi2, Priyanka Hire3- The scuderi revolution: a review, 11 International Journals of Advanced Technology in Engineering and Science (2015),1348-7550
- Guangyu Dong*, Robert.E. Morgan, Morgan.R. Heikal- Thermodynamic analysis and system design of a novel split cycle engine concept.
- Sidharath Joshi "Duke Engine: An Overview of Present State of Art and Future Potential" International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research (IJSER), ISSN (Online): 2347-3878, Impact Factor (2015): 3.791
- Ardiyansyah Syahrom, Md. Nor Musa, Zair Asrar Ahmad, Ainullatf Abdul Latif "New Symmetrical Multi-Stage Wobble-Plate Compressor" International Compressor Engineering Conference at Purdue, July 17-20, 2006
- Ahmad, Z.A., Abdul-Latif, A., Syahrom, A., and Musa, M. N., 2006, Effect of Side Force on the Structural Integrity of the New Symmetrical Multi-Stages Wobble-plate Compressor, Regional Conference on Computational Mechanics & Numerical Analysis.
- http://www.dukeengines.com/technolog y/
- Patent No. US 2005/0268609 A1, Date December 8, 2005.
- Rajput R K (2007), Internal Combustion Engines, Laxmi Publications, New Delhi.
- Richard Stone (1998), Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines, Macmillan Press Ltd., Great Britain.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 68-77
Manuscript Number : IJSRST17339
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ch. Mani Kumar, P. Rajendra Babu, R Narendra Kumar, Y. Raghu Ram, "A Review on Split Cycle S. I. Engine & Axial S.I. Engine (Duke Engine) Compared with Conventional S. I. Engine", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.68-77, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST17339