Home > Archives > IJSRST173392
Literature Review on Different Factorís That Affecting Jet Pump Performance
Authors(2) :-S. R. Pandhare, A. K. Pitale
The objective of this work is to study experimentally the characteristics of jet pump at various perimeter. Pressure head, Suction head, discharge head, density of fluid, and the ratio of nozzle to throat distance to nozzle diameter etc. are recorded. The effect of each parameter on the jet pump performance is studied, in order to have a better understanding about the behavior of such pump under various conditions & it also helpful to find out the highest efficiency of jet pump at such perimeter. Jet pump is a machine to convert kinetic energy of water into pressure energy. The jet pump is simple in structure and its work without any moving part. That's why it's reliable in performance and provide good sealing to pump. Jet pump has less efficient than any other conventional pump. The efficiency of jet pump has directly affect by the following perimeter. Such as Pressure head, Suction head, discharge head, density of fluid, and the ratio of nozzle to throat distance to nozzle diameter etc. In our study we are designed, developed and tested simple geometry jet pump. The experiments show that we should be careful in increasing the suction head, delivery head and efficiency of jet pump. As well as stability of jet pump must be considered between the suction head and the driving fluid mass flow rate.
S. R. Pandhare, A. K. Pitale
Jet Pump, Throat Distance, Driving Nozzle, Suction Nozzle, Suction Chamber
- A. Saker, H. Z. Hassan. "Study of the Different Factors That Influence Jet Pump Performance." Scientific Research (june 2013): 44-49.
- A.H.Hammoud. "Effect of Design and Operational Parameters on Jet Pump Performance." International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Aerodynamics. (Augest 2008): 245-252.
- L. Grinis, N. Lubashevsky, Y. Ostrovski. "Influence of the Flow Rate Ratio in a Jet Pump on the." International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering (November 2015): 1172-1175.
- Md. Mizanur Rahman, Md. Assad-Uz-zaman and Mohammad Mashud. "Performance Evaluation of Water Jet Pump for Nozzle to Throat Area Ratios on Suction Lift." International Journal of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering. (June 2014): 45-47.
- Santhosh Kumar Gugulothu, Shalini Manchikatla. "Experimental and Performance Analysis of Single Nozzle Jet Pump with Various Mixing TUbe." International Journal of Recent advances in Mechanical Engineering (november 2014): 119-133.
- Tarek A. Meakhail, Ibrahim R.Teaima. "A Study of the Effect of Nozzle Spacing and Driving pressure on the water jet pump performance." International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology. (september 2013): 373-382.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 287-289
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173392
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. R. Pandhare, A. K. Pitale, "Literature Review on Different Factorís That Affecting Jet Pump Performance", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.287-289, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173392