Home > Archives > IJSRST173410
Role of Material Management In Apartment Building
Authors(2) :-P. Ezhilmathi, Dr. T. Shanmugapriya
In recent trends a wide range of building materials is available for the construction of Civil Engineering structures. The total cost of materials may be up to 50% or more of the total cost incurred in construction project reliant upon the type of project. Therefore the proper management of this single largest component can improve the productivity and cost efficiency of a project and help ensure its timely completion. Effective construction materials management is a key to success for a construction project. Initially, the qualitative information regarding deviation in planned and actual materials was found in terms of S curve analysis using MSP tool. From the result of S curve analysis, the lagging time of the project could be found. To maintain sufficient stock of raw material in period of short supply, to protect inventory against deterioration and control investment in inventories and to keep it in an optimum level an inventory control technique, EOQ analysis was carried out in second phase of study to overcome the problems of stock out.
P. Ezhilmathi, Dr. T. Shanmugapriya
Construction Materials, Cost control, Materials Management, Inventory control.
- Adams E.C. (2002) Science in Building Materials; Hutehinson & Co. Ltd. London.
- Aditya A. Pande and Sabihuddin S. (2015), “Study of Material Management Techniques on Construction Project”, International Journal of Informative & Futuristic Research,
- Angel Raphella S. Gomathi Nathan S. and Chitra G. (2014) , “Inventory Management- A Case Study”, International Journal of Emerging Research in Management &Technology Vol.3, No.3,
- Anup Wilfred S. Deepak M.D. Shivaram N. Nataraj and Yaseen Khan M. (2015), “An empirical case study of material management in residential project”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) Vol.02, No.4,
- Anwar Zeb, Sohail Malik, Shazia Nauman, Hashim Hanif and Muhammad Osama Shahbaz Amin (2015), “Factors Affecting Material Procurement, Supply and Management in Building Projects of Pakistan: A Contractor’s Perspective”, Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Innovations in Civil and Structural Engineering (ICICSE'15) Istanbul (Turkey), pp. 170-175.
- Ashwini. R. Patil and Pataskar SV (2013), “Analysing Material Management Techniques on Construction Project,” vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 96–100.
- Boopathi K. and Krishnamoorthi A. (2016), “Material management and cost analysis on construction project”, IJMTES International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science.
- Calistus Ayegba (2013), “An Assessment of Material Management on Building Construction Sites” Civil and Environmental Research, Vol.3, No.5.
- Dipak P. Patil, Pankaj P. Bhangale and Swapnil S. Kulkarini (2014), “Study of cost control on construction project”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies.
- Do Young Jung, Seung Heon Han, Keon Soon Im, and Chung Kyu Ryu (2007), “Modelling an inventory management in construction operations involving on-site fabrication of raw materials”, Proceedings IGLC-15, Michigan, US.
- Elema Boru Godana and Karanja Ngugi (2014), “Determinants of effective inventory management at Kenol Kobil limited”, European Journal of Business Management, 1 (11), pp.341-361.
- Elijah E. Ogbadu (2009), “Profitability through effective management of materials”, Journal of Economics and International Finance Vol. 1(4), pp. 099-105.
- Feng Q and Gallego G. (2005), “Periodic-Review Inventory Model with three consecutive delivery modes and forecast updates”: Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications in – Journal of Optimization Theory Application , vol. 124, no. 1, pp. 137-155, 32 .
- Georgekutty C.K. and Georgemathew (2012), “Hall Marks in Construction Material Management: A Literature Review”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSRJMCE) Volume 2, Issue 1, PP 51-61.
- Gulghane A A and Khandve PV (2015), “Management for Construction Materials and Control of Construction Waste in Construction Industry: A Review”, Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp.59-64.
- Khyomesh V. Patel and Chetna M. Vyas (2011), “Construction materials management on project sites”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology.
- Kasim NB, Anumba CJ and Dainty ARJ (2005), “Improving materials management practices on fast-track construction projects”, 21st Annual ARCOM Conference, 7-9.
- Kevin Aku Okorocha, “Factors affecting effective materials management in building construction projects- a case study of selected building sites, in IMO state, Nigeria”, International Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research Volume 2, Issue 4.
- Md Azree Othuman Mydin and Khor Jie Cheng (2014), “Construction Waste Material Management and Lo-gistic System”
- Narimah Kasim, Siti Radziah Liwan, Alina Shamsuddin and Rozlin Zainaland Naadira Che Kamaruddin (2012), “Improving On-Site Materials Tracking For Inventory Management In Construction Projects”, Proceedings International Conference of Technology Management, Business and Entrepreneurship.
- Nwosu Hyginus Emeka (2014), “Materials, Management and Firm's Profitability”, The international journal of business & management, Vol 2 Issue 7.
- Olusakin S Akindipe (2014), “Inventory Management – A Tool for Optimal Use of Resources and Overall Efficiency in Manufacturing SMEs”, Journal of Entrepreneurship Management and Innovation (JEMI), Volume 10 Issue 4.
- Olusakin S Akindipe (2014), “The Role Of Raw Material Management In Production Operations”, International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains (IJMVSC) Vol.5, No. 3.
- Pauline JerutoKeitany, Daniel M. Wanyoike and Salome Richu (2014),, “assessment of the role of materials management on organizational performance- a case of new kenya cooperative creameries limited, Eldoret, Kenya”, European Journal of Material Sciences Vol.1, No.1, pp.1-10.
- Phani Madhavi T, Steve Varghese Mathe and Roy Sasidharan (2013), “Material management in construction – a case study”, IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology.
- Serhii Ziukov (2015), “A literature review on models of inventory management under uncertainty”, Vol. 5 (1).
- Sharif (2011), A comparison of purchase and inventory management system of two educational institutes. IEOM 163, 1056-1066.
- Sindhu S, Nirmalkumar K and Krishnamoorthy V (2014), “Performance Analysis of Inventory Management System in Construction Industries in India”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 4.
- Song, J. (2005). Tracking the Location of Materials on Construction projects. University of Texas.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 95-100
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173410
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
P. Ezhilmathi, Dr. T. Shanmugapriya, "Role of Material Management In Apartment Building", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.95-100, May-June-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173410