Home > Archives > IJSRST173411
Challenges in Anterior Rehabilitation : A Case Series
Authors(4) :-Dr. Chetali Ramchandani , Dr. Meenakshi Khandelwal, Dr. Vikas Punia, Dr. Vivek Sharma
Replacement of anterior missing teeth with malposed abutments poses a challenge to Prosthodontist. Ideally Orthodontics is always the first choice of treatment for aesthetic and functional rehabilitation of malaligned teeth but in some rare cases, the unwillingness of the patient for orthodontic correction brings a tough situation to the dentist. In such cases, the only other option for aesthetic restoration is fixed partial dentures. But each case presenting a different clinical picture requires modification from routine. This article presents case series of few such cases where fixed partial denture was used to rehabilitate the patients with missing or abraded teeth in anterior region but malocclusion was bothersome for rehabilitation.
Dr. Chetali Ramchandani , Dr. Meenakshi Khandelwal, Dr. Vikas Punia, Dr. Vivek Sharma
Esthetics, Anterior Rehabilitation, Fixed Prosthodontics
- Sharma AK, Bhanot R, Bansal P, Kapoor D. Aesthetic management of proclined maxillary central incisors with all ceramic crowns. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2010; 4: 3643-3647.
- Raja DR,? Nesappan T. Aesthetic Correction and Replacement of Missing Tooth in Maxillary Aesthetic Zone Using Modified FPD with Loop Connectors -a Case Report.
- International Journal of Dental Sciences and Research 2014; 2(4): 73-75.
- Mcintyre F. Restoring esthetics and anterior guidance in worn anterior teeth: a conservative multidisciplinary approach JADA 2000; 131: 1279-1283.
- Admala SR, Admala NR, Surender LR, Aravelli S. Complete anterior open bite of an adult treated with prosthetic rehabilitation. Journal of Interdisciplinary Dentistry 2014; 4(2): 93-96.
- Thomas MS, David K. Importance of anatomic mockup for predictable esthetic smile design with ceramic veneers. J Interdiscip Dentistry 2014; 4:55-8.
- Aschheim KW, Dale BG. Esthetic Dentistry A clinical approach to techniques and materials. 2nd ed. New York: Mosby, 2001.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 20-23
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173411
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. Chetali Ramchandani , Dr. Meenakshi Khandelwal, Dr. Vikas Punia, Dr. Vivek Sharma, "Challenges in Anterior Rehabilitation : A Case Series", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.20-23, May-June-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173411