Home > Archives > IJSRST1734112
Assess the Level of IQ Among Mental Illness Adults in NMCH, Nellore
Authors(4) :-Sonia Devasiachan, R. Kanaka lakshmi, N. Subhashini , Dr. Indira Arumugam
Mental health is a level of psychological wellbeing or an absence of mental disorder. Mental illness is a condition that impacts a person thinking, feeling or mood and effect The present study aims to assess the IQ among mental illness adults. Quantitative approach and cross sectional Descriptive design was adopted for the study. 30 mental illness adults were selected by using non probability convenient sampling technique. Data was collected by using Binet Stanfort Intelligence Test. Data was analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics. The study findings revealed that the 10(33.3%) mentally ill adults are educable, 13(43.3%) mentally ill adults are trainable, 6(20%) adults are dependant retarded and only 1 (3.3%) mentally ill adult require life support. The socio demographic variable gender has shown significant association with level of IQ. The study concluded that majority of mentally ill adults are trainable. Hence there is a need to educate and counsel the mentally ill adults thereby can improve cognitive abilities and reduce the further deterioration in illness.
Sonia Devasiachan, R. Kanaka lakshmi, N. Subhashini , Dr. Indira Arumugam
- Hans - Raj Bhatia.; “elements of educational psychology”; 5th ed culcutta; (india) orient longman limited publications; (1999)..Page no:229-266
- Carole A Shea; “text book of advanced practice nursing in psychiatric and mental health care” ; mosby publications; missouri; (1999).Page no:131-138
- Gail W Stuart; “principles and practice of psychiatric nursing”; 6th edition; mosby publications; south africa; (2005).Page no:222-251
- Emotional intelligence: what it is and why it matters. journal of psychiatry2000:??????????
- Nada Salemabisamra. The relationship between emotional intelligence and academic performance. journal of educational psychology 2000.
- Dr.Tamil Selvam .Mentally Healthy Person, Narayana Nursing Journal - Volume - 4, May 2013.
- Mayer,j.d.,salovey,p.&caruso,d.r.what is emotionalintelligence?journal of sport psychology]2002 .
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 125-127
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1734112
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sonia Devasiachan, R. Kanaka lakshmi, N. Subhashini , Dr. Indira Arumugam, "Assess the Level of IQ Among Mental Illness Adults in NMCH, Nellore", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.125-127, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1734112