Home > Archives > IJSRST173436
The Development of Management and Leadership Capability and its Contribution to Performance : A Case study
Authors(1) :-Alaka Samantaray
Mr. Bill Corwin a stalwart management student was recruited and joined in a very reputed company as sales executive. Within a sort period he proved himself as an efficient personnel and was promoted to Managerial post on a better scale of pay. In the new post he worked very hard and observed that groups of employee are not sincere and dutiful. A devotional worker like him could not tolerate this negligence and therefore he wanted to tighten the slacks. He took suitable measures in the matter and asked them to improve. His efforts to make them to work sincerely did not give any result. On the contrary some of the skilled employee who are worthy to the company left the job. Automatically this affect in the profit of the business. The board of management of the company discussed in a meeting that Mr. Bill Corwin whose sincerity and loyalty to the company is beyond doubt, should be asked to be more careful and amend his attitude towards the company employees. But the efforts of Mr. Bill Corwin to restore the reputation of the company failed. He was therefore demoted to his former post and was allowed to retain his own pay and emoluments. In course of this work he continued to think again and again the reason of his demotion to the former post. So he met the boss and wanted to know the reason and his degradation, although the company has called him to retain the pay and emoluments of the higher post. The boss made him to understand that the company has genuinely recognize his sincerity and loyalty and therefore allowed him to pay emoluments. But all sincere employees may not be suitable and fit for the managerial post. The boss at last advised Mr. Bill Corwin not to be Worry and be mindful in the existing position with zeal and sincerity.
Contribution, Leadership, Managerial Assignment, Dutiful, Negligence
- Amagoh, F. (2009). Leadership development and leadership effectiveness. Management Decision, 47(6), 989- 999.
- Byrd, M. (2007). Educating and developing leaders of racially diverse organizations. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 18(2), 275-279
- Banker, R, Field, J, Schroeder, R and Sinha, K (1996). Impact of work teams on manufacturing performance: a longitudinal field study, Academy of Management Journal, 39, 867-90.
- Cranford, S., & Glover, S. (2007). Challenge match the stakes grow higher for global leaders. Leadership in Action, 27(3), 9-14.
- Delaney, J. and Huselid, M. A. (1996). The impact of human resource management practices on perceptions of organisational performance. Academy of Management Journal, 39 (4), 949-969.
- Ely, R.J., Ibarra, H., & Kolb, D.M. (2011). Taking gender into account: Theory and design for women's leadership development programs. Academy of Management Learning Education, 10(3), 474-493.
- Harteis, C. (2012). When workplace learning fails: Individual and organisational limitations Exemplarily demonstrated by the issue of responsibility in work life. International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, 12(1), 92-107
- Mabey, C. (2002). Mapping management development practice. Journal of Management Studies, 39(8): 1139 - 1160.
- Swanson, R. A. & Holton, E. F. (2009). Foundations of human resource development (2nd Ed.). San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler
- Swain, P. (1999). Organisational learning: developing leaders to deal with continuous change - a strategic human resource perspective. The Learning Organization 6(1): 30-37.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 211-212
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173436
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Alaka Samantaray, "The Development of Management and Leadership Capability and its Contribution to Performance : A Case study", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.211-212, May-June-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173436