Home > Archives > IJSRST173443
Seismic Analysis and Design of Shear Walls in Response Spectrum Method by Using ETABS
Authors(2) :-S. V. Divya Sree, A. B. S. Dadapeer
Besides, food and clothing, shelter is a basic human need. India has been successful in meeting the food and clothing requirements of its vast population; however the problem of providing shelter of all is defying solutions. “While there has been an impressive growth in the total housing stock from 65 million in 1947 to 187.05 million in 2001, a large gap still exists between the demand and supply of housing units. The Working Group on Housing for the 9th five-year plan estimated the housing shortage in 2001 at 19.4 million units- 12.76 million in rural area and 6.64 million in urban area. The shortage of housing is acutely felt in urban areas –more so in the 35 Indian cities, which according to the 2001 census have a population of more than a million”. Hence in order to overcome this problem construction process should be quick, tall and effective to accommodate huge population in a given area. So I have chosen this topic of “ SEISMIC ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF SHEAR WALLS IN RESPONSE SPECTRUM METHOD BY USING ETABS”. This type of shear wall construction helps to build tall structure of about 13 floors within no time. Hence the construction process will become much quicker and efficient. Shear walls have a peculiar behavior towards various types of loads. Calculation of rigidity factor, reactions, shear center, shear force and bending moment is a topic of interest. I am going to check the building behavior. I am verifying and designing this structure using extended three dimensional analysis of buildings (ETABS) software.
S. V. Divya Sree, A. B. S. Dadapeer
Shear Wall, Seismic Analysis, Response Spectrum, Etabs, Rigidity factor, Shear center, Shear force, Bending moment.
- U.H. Varnayi in his second edition of “Design of structures”
- S.K. Duggal in his “ Earth quake resistant design of structures” Page no:301 ,8.12 about Shear walls.
- S.K. Duggal in his “ Earth quake resistant design of structures “ pg.no:305 on flexural strength
- S.K. Duggal in his “ Earth quake resistant design of structures” 8.16 Design of Shear walls which is also given in Is code 13920:1993
- Mr A.P. Jadhav Associate Professor Rajarambapu Institute of technology rajaramnagar, Islampur has given a detailed report on the form work used for the construction of shear walls.
- A report on effects of openings in shear walls on seismic response of structure by sharminriza chowdhary, department of civil engineering dhake-1208, Bangladesh mostly focused on the design of shear walls with openings on seismic response using E- TabsI.S 456:2000
- As per clause 32, design for wall describes, design of horizontal shear in clause 32.4 given details of how shear wall have to be constructed.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 186-191
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173443
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. V. Divya Sree, A. B. S. Dadapeer, "Seismic Analysis and Design of Shear Walls in Response Spectrum Method by Using ETABS", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.186-191, May-June-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173443