Home > Archives > IJSRST173453
Physico-Chemical Quality Assessment of Ground Water at Agra District
Authors(1) :-Abhinav Krishna Singh
Ground water is contaminated due to various human and industrial activities. This is a serious problem. So the analysis of water quality is very important to preserve the eco system. The assessment of the ground water quality was carried out in the different area of Agra city for the evaluation of the current status of physico-chemical contaminants and their sources in groundwater. Groundwater samples were obtained from fifteen different sampling stations in Agra city. The results were compared with standards prescribed by CPCB and BIS. Different parameters were analyzed that are pH, alkalinity, turbidity, TDS, total hardness and chlorides. The sampling sites showed that the physicochemical parameters were within the water quality standards and the quality of water was found to be fit for drinking purposes.
Quality assessment, physico-chemical paramenters of ground water Quality
- S.P. Gorde and M.V. Jadhav, Assessment of Water Quality Parameters: A Review, Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 3(6), 2029-2035 (2013)
- Kavitha R. and Elangovan K., Review article on Ground water quality characteristics at Erode district, (India), of I.J.E.S., 1(2), (2010)
- Tewari, A., Dubey, A., and Trivedi A. 2010. A study on physico-chemical characteristics of ground water quality. J Chem Phar Res. 2(2): 510518.
- Abbulu, Y., and Rao, G. V. R. S. 2013. A Study on Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Groundwater in the Industrial Zone of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER). 2(10): 112-116.
- Agarwal, B. R., Mundhe, V., Hussain, S., Vidyapradhan, and Yusuf. S. 2012. Study of Physico-Chemical Parameters of Ground Water around Badnapur, Dist Jalna. J Adv Sci Res. 3(4): 94-95.
- Garg, V. K., Suthar, S., Singh, S., Sheoran, A., Garima, M., and Jai, S. 2009. Drinking water quality in villages of southwestern Haryana, India: assessing human health risks associated with hydrochemistry. Environ? Geol. 58: 1329 1340.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 195-198
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173453
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Abhinav Krishna Singh, "Physico-Chemical Quality Assessment of Ground Water at Agra District", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.195-198, May-June-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173453