Home > Archives > IJSRST173455
Parametric Optimization of MIG Welding for Dissimilar Metals Using Taguchi Design Method
Authors(2) :-Kamaleshwar Dhar Dwivedi, Anurag Srivastava
The present work deals with optimization of welding process variables by using Metal inert gas welding.The aim of my work is to study the hardness that affect the welding joint of dissimilar metals. Stainless Steel 304 was welded to C-25 carbon steel using a metal inert gas welding which also known as gas metal arc is welding with the help of filler wire of stainless steel and 0.8 mm diameter. Argon gas was used as shielding gas in this process. Dissimilar metals welding have great scope in advanced technology now a days owing to their high strenght, hardness, and corrosion resistance properties. The combination of midium carbon steel and austenitic stainless steel has got large number of application in industry such as tublar product, building and costruction, nuclear plant, and heat exchanger assembly etc. Due to the fact that low cost of C-25 carbon steel and corrosion resistance property of stainless steel. All these applications are require welding of the two which can perform the desired service requirement of the industry. In this experiment we got that the hardness depend on the variable parameter and wire feed rate is the main effective parameter.
Kamaleshwar Dhar Dwivedi, Anurag Srivastava
Metal Inert Gas, Hardness, Taguchi Method
- Radha Raman TA et al.(2004) “A study of Tensile Strength of MIG and TIG welded dissimilar joints of mild steel and stainless steel .” Mater SciEng A2004; vol 53,issue pp 23 - 32.
- S.R. Patil et al. (2001): “Optimization of MIG welding parameters for improving strength of welded joint”. Mater SciTechnol; vol 17, issue 22, pp 1-3.
- Rakesh kumar et al. (2011). “Study of mechanical properties in mild steel using metal inert gas welding Mater Character ; vol 23, issue59: pp 751-756.
- Chandresh et.al “Parametric Optimization of Weld Strength Of Metal Inert Gas Welding and Tungsten Inerts Gas Welding By Using Analysis Of Variance And Grey Relational Analysis”. J Mater Process Technol 1998:vol 1,issue 3,pp 48-56
- Rajendra Singh et.al(2009) “Analysis of Defects in MIG of A312tp3161 Stainless Steel pipe using Taguchi Optimization Method And Testing” materials processing technology 209 (2009) vol.3 issue 6,pp 11- 22
- DaviSampaioCorreia,et.al (2005),“Comparison between genetic algorithms and response surface methodology in GMAW welding optimization” Journal of Materials Processing Technology vol64,issue160,pp 70-76
- Yang WH, et.al.(1998), “Optimization of the weld bead geometry in gas tungsten arc welding by the Taguchi method”, Int J AdvManufTechnol; vol14,issue82 pp549-554.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 213-219
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173455
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Kamaleshwar Dhar Dwivedi, Anurag Srivastava, "Parametric Optimization of MIG Welding for Dissimilar Metals Using Taguchi Design Method ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.213-219, May-June-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173455