Home > Archives > IJSRST173464
An Investigation of Circuit Breaker Switching Transients for Shunt Reactor
Authors(2) :-Dharti D. Pundkar, M. R. Salodkar
Reactor banks play an important role in mitigating the voltage rise, otherwise known as Ferranti rise, which is characteristic to long lightly loaded transmission lines having high capacitive charging current .The energizing and de-energizing of the reactor bank introduces high frequency transient that might stress the insulation of the switching equipment leading to equipment failure. The different phenomenon associated with reactor bank energization and de-energization addresses the issue of circuit breaker application when interrupting low inductive currents from an engineering stand point. In order to study the various transients occurring during the switching of reactor bank in normal switching and switching of reactor bank during fault condition, I thought of publishing the paper in which the topic relates to occurrence of restrikes in circuit breaker. The reason for the occurrence of restrikes in circuit breakers is also to be studied. The simulation model and result of the implemented system are also analyzed. Several parameters affecting this phenomenon, such as arcing time, switching transient over voltages and dielectric co-ordination of interrupter are also to be studied in this dissertation work.
Dharti D. Pundkar, M. R. Salodkar
Voltage Rise, Overvoltage’s, Transients, Restrikes, Shunt Reactors
- J. LOPEZ ROLDAN ,Power link Queensl and Australia. M. BLUNDELL, Power link Queensl and, Australia. D. WING, Power link Queensl and, Australia. D. BIRTWHISTLE-Queenl and university of Technology of Australia. M. RAMLI, Queeensl and university of Technology of AUSTRALIA.T.TANG-Queensland university of technology of Australia. Mat post 07 “Analysis of Modern High Voltage Circuit Breaker Failure during Shunt Reactor Switching Operations and Corrective measures”.
- Mohd Shamir Ramli, M. Eng, Thesis, QUT, 2008 on “Investigation of Circuit Breaker Switching Transient For Shunt Reactors and Shunt Capacitors”, Queensland university of technology.
- S.Bojic, I.Uglesic, B.Filiporic Gracic, Energy Institute Inc Zagreb, UI grada Vulkovara -37Croatia,Faculty Of Electrical Engineering And Computing University of Zagreb, Croatia. Paper submitted to the international conference on power system transients (IPST 2013) in Vancouver, Canada 18-20,2013 on “Switching Transients In 400KV Transmission Network Due to Circuit Breaker Failure”.
- KadriKadriu,AliGashi,IbrahimGashi,AliHamiti,GazmendKabashiKOSSTT_KOSOVO Transmission System and Market Operator, Prishtina, Kosovo Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences ,University of Prishtina Kosovo, “Influence of DC component during Inadvertent operation of the High Voltage Generator Circuit Breaker during Mis-synchronization ”paper submitted in January 22-2013,revised in February 24 -2013,accepted in March 8-2013,in general on scientific research, Energy And Power Engineering.
- Salil S. Sabade, Himanshu J. Bahirat, Dr.Bruce A. Mork, Department of Electrical and Computer engineering ,Michigan Technological University, Houghton,MI 49931.Mythili Chaganti,Xcel Energy Inc.414Nicollel Mall,Minneapolis,MN 55401on “Shunt Reactor Switching Transients at High Compensation level.”
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 4 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 254-256
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173464
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dharti D. Pundkar, M. R. Salodkar, "An Investigation of Circuit Breaker Switching Transients for Shunt Reactor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.254-256, May-June-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173464