Home > Archives > IJSRST1736113
Review on Identification Using Palm Print
Authors(1) :-Sarika Chaudhari
Multibiometrics can provide higher identification accuracy than single biometrics, so it is more suitable for some real-world personal identification applications that need high-standard security. Among various biometrics technologies, palm print identification has received much attention because of its good performance. Biometric based authentication and recognition, the science of using physical or behavioral characteristic for identity verification is becoming a security principal in many areas. Their utilization as an authentication and recognition technology has become widespread from door access to electronic commerce. Security is a very important aspect in the biometric system itself. This paper provides an overview of palm print research, describing in capture devices, preprocessing, verification, palm print -related fusion and measures of security and for protecting usersâ€™ privacy and palm print system, a sectional explaining the biometric recognition process.
Biometrics, Palm Print Identification, Security, Multi-Biometrics, Recognition.
- A. W. K. Kong, D. Zhang, and M. S. Kamel, "A survey of palm print Recognition," Pattern Recognition., vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1408-1418, Jul. 2009.
- D. Zhang, W. Zuo, and F. Yue, "A comparative study of palm print Recognition algorithms," ACM Comput. Surv., vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 1-37, Jan. 2012.
- D. Zhang, F. Song, Y. Xu, and Z. Lang, "Advanced pattern recognition Technologies with applications to biometrics," Med. Inf. Sci. Ref., Jan. 2009, pp. 1-384.
- R. Chu, S. Liao, Y. Han, Z. Sun, S. Z. Li, and T. Tan, "Fusion of face And palm print for personal identification based on ordinal features," in Proc. IEEE Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognition. (CVPR), Jun. 2007, Pp. 1-2.
- D. Zhang, W.-K. Kong, J. You, and M. Wong, "Online palm print Identification," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 25, no. 9, Pp. 1041-1050, Sep. 2003.
- A. W. K. Kong and D. Zhang, "Competitive coding scheme for palm print Verification," in Proc. 17th Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition., vol. 1. Aug. 2004, pp. 520-523.
- W. Zuo, Z. Lin, Z. Guo, and D. Zhang, "The multiscale competitive code Via sparse representation for palm print verification," in Proc. IEEE Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognition. (CVPR), Jun. 2010, pp. 2265-2272.
- Z. Sun, T. Tan, Y. Wang, and S. Z. Li, "Ordinal palm print represention For personal identification represention read representation]," in Proc. IEEE Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognition., vol. 1. Jun. 2005, Pp. 279-284.
- A. Kong, D. Zhang, and M. Kamel, "Palm print identification using Feature-level fusion," Pattern Recognition., vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 478-487, Mar. 2006.
- D. S. Huang, W. Jia, and D. Zhang, "Palm print verification based On principal lines," Pattern Recognition., vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1316-1328, Apr. 2008.
- S. Ribaric and I. Fratric, "A biometric identification system based on Eigenpalm and eigenfinger features," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1698-1709, Nov. 2005.
- K. H. Cheung, A. Kong, D. Zhang, M. Kamel, and J. You, "Does Eigenpalm work? A system and evaluation perspective," in Proc. IEEE 18th Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition., vol. 4. 2006, pp. 445-448.
- J. Gui, W. Jia, L. Zhu, S.-L. Wang, and D.-S. Huang, "Locality Preserving discriminant projections for face and palm print recognition,"Neurocomputing, vol. 73, nos. 13-15, pp. 2696-2707, Aug. 2010.
- P. N. Belhumeur, J. P. Hespanha, and D. Kriegman, "Eigenfaces vs.
- Fisherfaces: Recognition using class specific linear projection," IEEE
- Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 711-720, Jul. 1997.
- H. Sang, W. Yuan, and Z. Zhang, "Research of palm print recognition
- Based on 2DPCA," in Advances in Neural Networks ISNN (Lecture Notes in Computer Science). Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2009, Pp. 831-838.
- F. Du, P. Yu, H. Li, and L. Zhu, "Palm print recognition using Gabor feature-based bidirectional 2DLDA," Commun. Comput. Inf. Sci., Vol. 159, no. 5, pp. 230-235, 2011.
- D. Hu, G. Feng, and Z. Zhou, "Two-dimensional locality preserving Projections (2DLPP) with its application to palm print recognition," Pattern Recognition., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 339-342, Jan. 2007.
- Y. Xu, Z. Fan, M. Qiu, D. Zhang, and J.-Y. Yang, "A sparse representation Method of bimodal biometrics and palm print recognition Experiments," Neurocomputing, vol. 103, pp. 164-171, Mar. 2013.
- D. G. Lowe, "Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints," Int. J. Comput. Vis., vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 91-110, Nov. 2004.
- A. Morales, M. A. Ferrer, and A. Kumar, "Towards contactless palm print Authentication," IET Comput. Vis., vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 407-416, Nov. 2011.
- A. K. Jain, A. Ross, and S. Prabhakar, "An introduction to biometric Recognition," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., vol. 14, no. 1, Pp. 4-20, Jan. 2004.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 15-21
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1736113
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sarika Chaudhari, "Review on Identification Using Palm Print", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.15-21, September-October-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1736113