Home > Archives > IJSRST173613
Development, Testing and characterization of Epoxy-Cotton Fiber - Polymer Composites
Authors(4) :-Himanshu Kumar Soni, Dr. Amit Telang, Dr. Rajesh Purohit, Dr. Neeraj Dubey
Natural fibers have been used to reinforce materials for many years. More currently they have been employed in combination with plastics. Many types of natural fibers have been investigated for use in plastics including flax, hemp, jute, cotton and banana. Natural fibers have the advantage that they are renewable resources and have marketing appeal. These agricultural wastes can be used to prepare fiber reinforced polymer composites for commercial use. Application of composite materials to structures has presented the need for the engineering analysis. The present work focuses on the fabrication of polymer matrix composites by using the natural fibers like coir, banana and cotton which are abundant in the nature. The material characteristics (flexural modulus, flexural rigidity, hardness number, % gain of water) of the fabricated polymer matrix natural fiber composites has been studied by conducting tests like flexural test, hardness test, water absorption test, impact test, density test, on sections of the material. The aim of the present study is to examine the mechanical properties of the cotton fiber reinforced epoxy based composites. Cotton fibers with varying number of plyís are reinforced in epoxy resin to manufacture composite materials. The outcome of cotton fiber content on the mechanical behavior of composites has been studied.
Himanshu Kumar Soni, Dr. Amit Telang, Dr. Rajesh Purohit, Dr. Neeraj Dubey
Epoxy Resin, Cotton Fiber, Reinforcement, Polymer Matrix Composite.
- T. Alomayri, I.M.Low, F.U.A SHAIKH "Characterisation of cotton fiber-reinforced????? geopolymer composites"Vol.50,July (2013),Pages 10-15.
- Rong Peng, Xiaonong chen, Raja Ghosh "Preparation of graphene oxide-cotton fiber composite adsorbent and its application for the purification of polyphenols from pomegranate peel extract",Vol.174, March (2017),Pages 561-569.
- S.K Bajpai, G.Mray, N.Chand "The use of cotton fibers as reinforcements in composites" (2015), Pages 320-341.
- Jutarat Prachayawarakorn, Wanida Pomdage "Effect of carrageenan on properties of biodegradable thermoplastic cassava starch/low-density polyethylene composites reinforced by cotton fibers", Vol.61, September (2014), Pages 264-269.
- Aamer Bhutta, Paulo H.R. Borges, Cristina Zanotti, Mohammed Farooq, Nemkumar Banthia "Flexural behavior of geopolymer composites reinforced with steel and polypropylene macro fibers",Vol.80, July (2017),Pages 31-40.
- Akula komuraiah, N. Shyam Kumar, B. Durga Prasad "Determination of Energy Changes and Length of Micro Cracks Formed in Cotton Fiber Reinforced Natural Composite Laminate Due to Environmental Degradation",Vol.9,(2014),Pages 120-125.
- O.A. Hakeim, H.A. Diab, H.M. Mashaly, Amal Mohamed EL-Moursy "Printing and impact properties of cationised hollow cellulosic fiber based polyester/cotton composite",Vol 171, September (2017), Pages 59-67.
- M.Wesolowski, E.Barkanov "Air damping influence on dynamic parameter of laminated composite plate",Vol.85, May (2017),Pages 239-248.
- R.Petrucci, E Nisni "Tensile and fatigue characterization of texitile cotton waste/polypropylene laminates" November (2015).
- T. Alomayri, I.M.Low "Synthesis and? characterization of mechanical properties in cotton fiber-reinforced geopolymer composites", Vol.1, March (2013), Pages 30-34.?
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 53-56
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173613
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Himanshu Kumar Soni, Dr. Amit Telang, Dr. Rajesh Purohit, Dr. Neeraj Dubey, "Development, Testing and characterization of Epoxy-Cotton Fiber - Polymer Composites", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.53-56, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173613