Home > Archives > IJSRST173618
A Review on Attitudes towards Puberty Among Adolescents Girls
Authors(2) :-Ravija Choudhary, Dr. Suvidha
The more than twenty online studies were reviewed to study the attitudes towards puberty of adolescent’s girls. It was found that for the last few years, that there was no difference regarding attitudes between rural and urban participants. The review of various studies revealed that the knowledge of puberty and sexual health among the female adolescents of middle income families is lacking.
Ravija Choudhary, Dr. Suvidha
Adolescents Girls, Attitudes, Puberty
- Adesuwa, F. A. and Oliemen, peterside.(2013). Age at menarche and body mass index (BMI) among adolescent secondary school girls in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical sciences, 3,5.41-46. Retrived from http://www.iosrjournals.org.
- Akbar, Pejhan. et. al. (2011).The relationship between menarche age and anthropometric indexes of girls in Sabzevar, Iran. World applied sciences journal, 14 (11), 1748-1753.Retrived from.http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi10.1.1.389.3947&rep=rep1&type=pdf.
- Braithwaite, D. et. al. (2009).Socioeconomic status in relation to early menarche among black and white girls.Cancer causes control, 20, 713-720. Doi:10.1001/s10552-008-9284-9.
- Golam, Hossain. et. al. (2014). Factors associated with age at menarche of secondary school girls in Rajshahi city, Bangladesh. Advances in sciences, 4(2), 88-93. Doi:10.5923/j.als.20140402.09.
- Hugo, Amigo.et. al. (2012).Socioeconomic? status and age at menarche in indigenous and non- indigenous Chilean adolescents. Cad.SaudePublica, Riode Janeiro, 28 (5), 977-983 .Retrived from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22641520
- H. Tiwari. et. al. (2006). Knowledge attitudes and beliefs about menarche of adolescent girls in anand district Gujarat. Eastern mediterranean health journal, 12, 428-433.Retrived from http://applications.emro.who.int/emphj/1203_4/12_3-4_2006_428_433.pdf.
- Juyal, R. et. al. (2012).Practices of menstrual hygiene among adolescent girls in district of Uttarakhand.Indian journal of community health, 24, 2. 124-128. Retrived from http://www.iapsmupuk.org/journal/index.php/ijch/article/view/173.
- Jawhara, A. A. (2014). Saudi Intermediate school girl’s knowledge, attitudes and practices of puberty in taif, Saudi Arabia.International journal of medical science and public health, 3, 2.196-202. Doi:10.5455/ijmsph.2013.021220131.
- Jane, Mendle. et. al. (2007). Detrimental psychological outcomes associated with early pubertal timing in adolescent girls. Dev Rev. Author manuscript, available in PMC, 27 (2), 151-171. Doi:10.1016/j.dr.2006.11.001.
- Jane, Mendle. et. al. (2015). Puberty, socioeconomic status, and depression in girls: evidence for gene x environment interactions. Clinical psychological science, 1-14, Doi:10.1177/2167702614563598.
- Kamath, R. et. al. (2013).A study on knowledge and practices regarding menstrual hygiene among rural and urban adolescent girls in Udupi Taluk, Manipal, India.Global journal of medicine and public health, 2, 4. 1-9. Retrived from http://www.gjmedph.org/uploads/02-vo2no4.pdf
- K. Tamil, Selvi. And S. Ramachandran. (2012). Socio-cultural Taboos concerning Menstruation: A Micro LevelStudy in the Cuddalore District of Tamil Nadu, India. International journal of scientific and research publications, 2, 8.1-7. Retrived from http://www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-0812.php?rp=po775.
- Lata, R. K. et. al. (2013). Pubertal changes in adolescent girls: a community based cross-sectional study. National journal of community medicine, 4, 4. 640-643. Retrived from http://www.njcmindia.org.
- Rupali, Patle. And Sanjay, Kubde. (2014). Comparative study on menstrual hygiene in rural and urban adolescent.International journal of medical science and public health, 3, 2.129-132. Doi:10.5455/ijmsph.2013.161020133.
- Richa, Saxena. et. al. (2014).Impact of socio- economic status on age at menarche.International journal of multidisplinary approach.1, 1. 76-82. Retrived from
- Shabnam, Omidvar. And Khyrunnisa, Begum. (2010).Factors influencing hygienic practices during menses among girls from south India- A cross sectional study. .International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine and public health, 2, 12. 411-423. Retrived from http://www.iomcworld.com/ijcrimph/ijcrimph-vo2-n12-01-a.htm??
- S. P. Singh. et. al. (2006).Knowledge assessment regarding puberty and menstruation among school adolescent girls of district Varanasi, U.P. IndianJ.Prev.Soc.Med, 37, 1& 2. 9-14. Retrived from http://medind.nic.in/ibl/t06/i1/iblt06i1pgg.pdf.
- Subhash, B. Thakre.et. al. (2011). Menstrual hygiene: knowledge and practice among adolescent school girls of Saoner, Nagpur District.Journal of clinical and diagnostic research, 5 (5). 1027-1033. Retrived from http://www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/thakre-2011-menstrual.pdf.
- Tazeensaeed, Ali.et. al. (2006).Understanding of Puberty and related Health Problems among female adolescents in Karachi Pakistan.J pak med assoc, 56, 2. 68-72. Retrived fromhttp://www.jpma.org.pk/pdfdownload/594.pdf.
- Tamarra, J. T. et. al. (2010).The impact of socioeconomic status across early life on age at menarche among a racially diverse population of girls.Ann epidemiol, 20 (11), 836-842. Doi:10.1016/j.annepidem.2010.08.006.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 69-73
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173618
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ravija Choudhary, Dr. Suvidha, "A Review on Attitudes towards Puberty Among Adolescents Girls", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.69-73, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173618