Home > Archives > IJSRST173619
An Enhanced Approach for Image Search Based on Attribute-Assisted Re-Ranking Model
Authors(2) :-Renuka S. Deshpande, Swati A. Patil
Image search re-ranking is an effective approach to refine the text-based image search results. Most existing re-ranking approaches are based on low-level visual features. Here, semantic attributes are exploited for image search re-ranking. In the existing system, image features are extracted through K-means clustering and then the histogram is generated. The extracted features were then used for attribute learning using Support Vector Machine (SVM) classifier. After that the attribute assisted hyper-graph is constructed to re-rank the images. In the proposed system Keyword expansion using word Net and user keywords are used where word net gives the synonyms for the query and user keywords gives the similar meaning words for the improvement in the search result. Image features are extracted through discrete cosine transform and perceptual hashing. Then histogram is generated for all the images. Attribute learning is carried out using multi SVM. The new image re-ranking agenda focuses on the semantic signatures associated with the images derived using a trained multi class classifier. A query image is selected and then the most similar three images to the query image are displayed. Then these most similar images are further compared with the remaining images and are arranged in order according to their visual appearance and by comparing their hash values using Euclidean distance. The experiments are carried out on multiple data sets.
Renuka S. Deshpande, Swati A. Patil
Image Search, Image Re-Ranking, Semantic Signature, Keyword Expansion.
- Junjie Cai, Zheng-Jun Zha, Member, IEEE, Meng Wang, Shiliang Zhang, and Qi Tian, Senior Member, IEEE, "An Attribute-Assisted Reranking Model for Web Image Search", IEEE Transactions On Image Processing, Vol. 24, No. 1,January 2015.
- R. Yan, A. Hauptmann, and R. Jin, “Multimedia search with pseudo relevance feedback”, in Proc. ACM Int. Conf. Image Video Retr., 2003, pp. 238247.
- Meng Wang, Hao Li, Dacheng Tao, Ke Lu, and Xindong Wu ,Multimodal Graph-Based Reranking for Web Image Search, IEEE transactions On Image Processing,Vol. 21, No. 11, pp. 4649- 4661,November 2012.
- Suvarn V. Jadhav A. M. Bagade, Department of Information Technology, Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune,(India),"Comparative Analysis Of Reranking Techniques For Web Image Search", International Conference on Recent Innovations in Engineering and Management, Dhananjay Mahadik Group of Institutions (BIMAT) Kolhapur Maharashtra, 23rd March 2016.
- Xiaogang Wang, Member, IEEE , Shi Qiu, Ke Liu? and Xiaoou Tang, Fellow, IEEE, "Web Image Re-Ranking Using Query-Specific Semantic Signatures", IEEE Transactions On Pattern Analysis And Machine Intelligence, Vol. 36, No. 4, April 2014.
- Suresh Kumar Nagarajan, Shanmugam Saravanan ,Senior Assistant Professor, School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, India School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, India,” Content-based Medical Image Annotation and Retrieval using Perceptual Hashing Algorithm”, IOSR Journal of Engineering Apr. 2012, Vol. 2(4) pp: 814-818.
- Hajer Fradi, Jean-Luc Dugelay, “A new multiclass svm algorithm and its application to crowd density Analysis using lbp features”, Eurecom Sophia Antipolis, France.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 84-92
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173619
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Renuka S. Deshpande, Swati A. Patil, "An Enhanced Approach for Image Search Based on Attribute-Assisted Re-Ranking Model", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.84-92, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173619