Home > Archives > IJSRST173630
Study of Various Aspects of Phase Change Material During Solidification and Melting : A Review
Authors(2) :-Saurav Kumar, Dr. V. N. Bartariya
The major methods of mathematical modelling of solidification and melting problems are reviewed in this paper. Different analytical methods, nowadays still used as standard references to validate numerical models, are presented. Various mathematical formulations to numerically solve solidification and melting problems are categorized. Relative merits and disadvantages of each formulation are analyzed. Recent advances in modelling solidification and melting problems associated with convective motion of liquid phase are discussed. Based on this comprehensive survey, basic guidelines are outlined to choose a correct mathematical formulation for solving solidification and melting problems.
Saurav Kumar, Dr. V. N. Bartariya
Thermal Energy Storage, PCM, Latent Heat, Natural Convection.
- T Kai Yang, Jing Wang, "Radial integration boundary element method for nonlinear heat conduction problems with temperature-dependent conductivity", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, volume 10, page 1145-1151, (2017).
- A. Bashar Mohammad, "Experimental Investigation of the Melting Behavior and the Transient Heat Transfer in a Phase Change Material (PCM)", the University of Western Ontario, 2016.
- Nasser Mostafavinia, Saman Eghvay, "Numerical Analysis of Melting of Nano-Enhanced Phase Change Material (NePCM) in a Cavity with Different Positions of Two Heat Source-Sink Pairs", ISSN (Print): 0974-6846, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 8(S9), 49-61, May 2015.
- S. Rajendrasiva, Dr. T. Senthil kumar, "Experimental Investigation On Phase Change Materials", Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, International Conference on Energy Efficient Technologies for Automobiles, (EETA’ 15), ISSN: 0974-2115,? Page 127-132, March 2015.
- Seiyed Mohammad Javad Hosseini, Ali Akbar Ranjbar, "Melting of Nanoprticle-Enhanced Phase Change Material inside Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger", Journal of Engineering, Article ID 784681, 8 pages, January 2015.
- Muhammed Saeed K, Robins Aikkara, "Analysis and Optimization of Melting Rate of Solids PCM for various shapes and configurations", International Journal of Emerging Engineering Research and Technology Volume 2, Issue 7, PP 173-183, October 2014.
- Brian N. Turner, Robert Strong "A review of melt extrusion additive manufacturing processes: I. Process design and modeling", ISSN 1355-2546, Volume 20 Number 3, page 192-204, 2014.
- Aran Sol? Garrig?s, "Phase change materials characterization (PCM) and thermo - chemical materials (TCM) development and characterization towards reactor design for thermal energy storage",
- Sridharan, Prashanth, "Aspect Ratio Effect on Melting and Solidification during Thermal Energy Storage", 1-1-2013.
- Ravi Manohar, V. Mahanandi Reddy, "Improving the Heat Transfer Rate for Multi Cylinder Engine Piston and Piston Rings", IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Volume 7, Issue 4, PP 30-36, (Jul. - Aug. 2013).
- Hakan Demir, Ozden Agra, "Economical analysis of a chemical heat pump system for waste heat recovery", World Renewable Energy Congress 2011, International Energy Efficiency, 8-13 may 2011.
- Dawei Sun, "Experimental and Numerical Study of Melting of Particle-Laden Materials in a Cylinder", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, January 2009.
- A. Abhat, "Low temperature latent heat thermal Energy storage :heat storage Materials", Solar Energy Volume 300, No. 4. Page 313-332, 1983.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 135-140
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173630
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Saurav Kumar, Dr. V. N. Bartariya, "Study of Various Aspects of Phase Change Material During Solidification and Melting : A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.135-140, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173630