Home > Archives > IJSRST173635
Seismic Behaviour of RCC Framed Structure with Different Bracing System
Authors(6) :-Bhavya V M, Priyanka N, Ranjitha G, Swathi G, Naveena MP, Ravichandra R
Structures in high seismic risk areas may be susceptible to severe damage in a major earthquake. For the variety of structures and possible deficiencies that arise, several retrofitting techniques can be considered. Bracing system is one of the retrofitting techniques and it provides an excellent approach for strengthening and stiffening existing building for lateral forces. Also, another potential advantage of this system is the comparatively small increase in mass associated with the retrofitting scheme since this is a great problem for several retrofitting techniques. The seismic performance of reinforced concrete (RC) building using steel bracings is investigated. A thirteen storey (G+12) building is analyzed for seismic zone III as per IS 1893 (Part1): 2002. Static behavior of the RC building without bracings and with different types of bracings is investigated. The effectiveness of various types of steel bracings in rehabilitating the thirteen storey building is studied. Displacement was found less for all braced frames. From the study it was concluded that the steel X bracings is more effective to resist lateral loads compared to forward and backward for steel bracings
Bhavya V M, Priyanka N, Ranjitha G, Swathi G, Naveena MP, Ravichandra R
Retrofitting, ETABS 2015, Displacement, Bracings.
- Dynamic analysis of structures- Mario pazz.
- A.R. Khaloo and M. Mahdi Mohseni (2008), "Non Linear Siesmic Behavior of RC Frames with RC Braces' Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 6(2008), Pages 577-592.
- J.P. Desai, A.K. Jain and A.S. Arya(1987), "Seismic response of R.C. Braced Frames', Computers and Structures Vol. 29, No. 4, 1987.
- Kulkarni J.G., Kore P.N., Tanawade S.B. (2013), "Seismic Response Of Reinforced Concrete Braced Frames' International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), ISSN: 2248-9622, Vol. 3, Issue 4, Jul-Aug 2013, pp.1047-1053.
- M.A. Youssefa,, H. Ghaffarzadehb, M. Nehdi (2006), "Seismic performance of RC frames with concentric internal steel bracing', Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Shiraz University, Shiraz 71345-1676, Iran, 23 October 2006.
- M.D. Kevadkar and P.B. Kodag (2013), "Lateral Load Analysis of R.C.C. Building' International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), ISSN: 2249-6645, Vol. 3, Issue 3, May-June 2013,pp.1428-1434.
- Shan - HauXu& Di - Tao Niu (2003), "Seismic Behavior of R.C. Braced Frames', ACI Structural journal, No.1, 100, Jan-Feb-2003.
- Viswanath K.G, Prakash K.B. , Anant Desai (2010), " Seismic Analysis of Steel Braced Reinforced Concrete Frames' International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, ISSN: 0976-4399Vol. 1, No. 1, 2010.
- Egor Popov Seismic Steel Framing Systems for Tall Buildings, Sino-American Symposium on Bridge and Structural Engineering, Vol. 17(3), Sept. 1982.
- Federico M. Mazzolani, Gaetano Della Corte, Mario D'Aniello,Experimental Analysis of Steel Dissipative Bracing System ForSeismic Upgrading, Journal of Civil Engineering And Management Vol. 15(1) Pages 7-19, 2009.
- Ghobarah, Rehabilitation of a Reinforced Concrete Frame Using Eccentric Steel Bracing, Engineering Structures Vol. 23 Pages745-755, 2001.
- IS 1893 (part 1):2002, Criteria for earthquake resistant design of structures.
- IS 456:2000, Code of practice for plain and reinforced concrete.
- S 875-1987, (PARTS I, II, &III),: For Dead loads, Imposed loads and Wind loads on buildings.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 141-146
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173635
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Bhavya V M, Priyanka N, Ranjitha G, Swathi G, Naveena MP, Ravichandra R, "Seismic Behaviour of RCC Framed Structure with Different Bracing System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.141-146, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173635