Home > Archives > IJSRST173637
Progressive Collapse Analysis of Multi-Storied RCC Building
Authors(2) :-Yogesh T. Birajdar, Dr. Nagesh L. Shelke
The term "Progressive collapse" defined as ultimate failure or proportionality large failure of a portion of structure due to spread of local failure from element to element throughout the structure. I studied previous paper on progressive collapse, they have analyze multistory building and get result of prevention of progressive collapse since the progressive collapse of Ronan point apartment building in 1968 and world trade centre (WTC), and to give idea about constructing building safer from progressive collapse. To use of general service administration guidelines (GSA, 2003) three dimensional (3D) model of building were developed to analyze and compare progressive collapse response by commercially available program ETABS. In number of previous paper multistory building analyze for progressive collapse of linear static and linear dynamic procedure by STAAD pro and ETABS software, they result conclude that comparison of DCR ration in different cases and different column removed cases and also displacement, time period, storey shear are concluded. The objectives of project work is to study various types of progressive collapse and its mechanisms and analyze (G+15) RC earthquake resisting building for seismic zone III as per IS 1983:2002 by using ETABS 2016 software for linear dynamic analysis procedure. Complete the mathematical modeling of multistory building and different types of loading combination and to find out time period, axial forces variation, bending moment variation, DCR for column and beam in different cases, and knowing the response of the structure for progressive collapse by using ETABs software.
Yogesh T. Birajdar, Dr. Nagesh L. Shelke
Progressive Collapse, GSA, DCR, Linear dynamic analysis, ETABS Software, Failure.
- Starossek, U., "Progressive collapse study of a multi-span bridge," IABSE, Structural Engineering International, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1999, pp. 121-125.
- GSA, "Progressive Collapse Analysis and Design Guidelines for New Fed?eral Office Buildings and Major Modernization Projects’’, General Ser?vices Administration (GSA), Washing?ton, D.C., 2003.
- Wearne, P., "Collapse?When Buildings Fall Down," ISBN 1-57500-144-6, New York, TV Books, L.L.C., 2000.
- Wittfoht, H., "Ursachen f?r den Teil-Einsturz des `Viadotto Cannavino? bei Agro di Celico," Beton- und Stahlbetonbau, Vol. 78, No. 2, 1983 (in German).
- AISC, Manual of Steel Construction, 6th Edition, American Institute of Steel Construction (AIST), 1969.
- Sasani, M. and Serkan, S., 2008. "Pro?gressive Collapse Resistance of Hotel San Diego," Journal of Structural En?gineering. ASCE V. 134, No. 3, March 2008. Pp. 478-488.
- Sezen, H. and Brian, S.,2008. "Pro?gressive Collapse Analysis of the Ohio Union Steel Frame Building." Euro?Steel 2008. V. 3, No.5 2008.
- Wei-Jian Yi, et al ,( 4, July-August 2008).Experimental Study on Progressive Collapse-Resistant Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Frame Structures. ACI STRUCTURAL JOURNAL,V. 105, No.
- General Services Administration.( Nov. 2003). Progressive Collapse Analysis and Design Guidelines for New Federal Office Buildings and Major Modernization Projects, U.S.A.
- American Concrete Institute. (1999), Building code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-99) and Commentary (ACI 318R-99), Farmington Hills, U.S.A.
- Starossek,U., "Progressive collapse of structures: Nomenclature and procedures," IABSE, Structural Engineering International, Vol.16, No. 2, May 2006.
- UFC, "United Facilities Criteria?Design of Buildings to Resist Progressive Collapse," U.S. Department of Defense, UFC 4-023-03, January 2005.
- Ellingwood, B. R., and Dusenberry, D. O., "Building design for abnormal loads and progressive collapse," Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 3, 2005, pp. 194-205.
- Progressive Collapse Analysis by GSA and UFC criteria. "UFC 4-023-03, Design of Structures to Resist Progressive Collapse’’, Dated 25 January, 2005
- Miss. Preeti K. Morey, Satone S. R.,"International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications" (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 Vol. 2, Issue 4, June-July 2012, pp.742-745.
- J.M. Russell, J.S. Owen and I. Hajirasouliha, "Experimenta investigation on the dynamic response of RC flat slabs after a sudden column loss",Engineering Structures, 99
- Rakshith K G, Radhakrishna, "Progressive Collapse Analysis of reinforced Concrete Framed Structure" International Journal of Research in Engineering & Technology, 9 ,2013 36-40 (2015), pp28-41.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 116-121
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173637
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Yogesh T. Birajdar, Dr. Nagesh L. Shelke, "Progressive Collapse Analysis of Multi-Storied RCC Building", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.116-121, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173637