Home > Archives > IJSRST173644
Integration of Energy Efficiency in Early Design Stage-Architects' Perspective
Authors(3) :-Jatinder Kaur, Dr. Prabhjot Kaur, Dr. Sanjiv Kumar Aggarwal
In the wake of growing concerns of energy issues, the architects are also being looked upon for designing energy efficient buildings. This paper attempts to gain an insight into the various factors affecting the design decision making by architects in this regard. The research is further extended to identify the various related issues. The aim of this paper is to highlight the role of architects in integrating energy efficiency in the early stage of a building design and to understand the expectations of architects for design aids. The methodology adopted in the research was to collect data through an Online survey method using "Google Forms" in which a questionnaire was sent to 300 architects in India. The responses gave a clear indication towards the need of design aids which could help the architects in achieving energy efficiency targets in the buildings. The responses also established the characteristics of such design aids so that these could be integrated smoothly into the existing design process adopted by the architects. The findings of this research can be used in future research for the development of design decision making aids or tools for the architects, so that the global issues of energy deficiency can be addressed at large.
Jatinder Kaur, Dr. Prabhjot Kaur, Dr. Sanjiv Kumar Aggarwal
Energy, Energy Efficiency, Design, CO2 emissions, Buildings
- Kibert, Charles J. Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
- Kishnani, Nirmal. Greening Asia: Emerging Principles for Sustainable Architecture. Singapore: BCI Asia Construction Information Pte, 2012.
- Change, Intergovernmental Panel On Climate. "Residential and Commercial Buildings." Climate Change 2007 (2007).
- Singh, Reshma, Dale Sartor, and Girish Ghatikar. "Best Practices Guide for High-Performance Indian Office Buildings." (2013).
- "World Development Indicators 2015." (2015).
- Sankhle, Shirish, Ireena Vittal, Richard Dobbs, Ajit Mohan, Ankur Gulati, Jonathan Ablett, Shishir Gupta, Alex Kim, Sudipto Paul, Aditya Saghvi and Gurpreet Sethy. "India’s urban awakening: Building inclusive cities, sustaining economic growth." (2010).
- "Situational Analysis of Commercial Buildings in India”. Bureau of Energy Efficiency, New Delhi (2008).
- Bansal, N.K. and Jyotirmay Mathur. Practical Handbook on Energy Conservation in Buildings. New Delhi: Nabhi Publication, 2008.
- Koenigsberger, O. H., T. G. Ingersoll, Alan Mayhew, and S. V. Szokolay. Manual of Tropical Housing and Building. Climatic Design. London: Longman, 1974.
- Nayak J.K. and Prajapati J.A. "Handbook on Energy Conscious Buildings”. IIT Bombay and Solar Energy Center (2006).
- Zeumer, Martin, Matthias Fuchs, Manfred Hegger, and Thomas Stark. Energy Manual: Sustainable Architecture. Basel: De Gruyter, 2012.
- Garg, Vishal, Hema Rallapalli and Rajan Rawal. "Survey for the development of an Early Design Tool for Architects.” The 2nd Asia Conference of International Building Performance Simulation Association (2014).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 211-215
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173644
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Jatinder Kaur, Dr. Prabhjot Kaur, Dr. Sanjiv Kumar Aggarwal, "Integration of Energy Efficiency in Early Design Stage-Architects' Perspective", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.211-215, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173644