Home > Archives > IJSRST17365
Analysis of Mechanical Properties of High Density Polyethylene, Fly ash and Carbon nanotubes reinforced Hybrid Composite
Authors(3) :-Vinay Kumar, Dr Amit Telang, Dr R. S. Rana
The present ongoing energetic human race can’t visualize its progress without bringing the conception of development in composite materials. An assortment of researches is occurring in this field to achieve the desired standard. Fly ash and CNT reinforced polymer composite has a greater effect on mechanical properties of materials due to its composition and size respectively. Now a day’s composites are used in vast areas like automobile, transportation and aerospace etc. due to having unique properties like light weight, better abrasive resistance, in toxic and eco-friendly nature. Polymer matrix composites with synthetic reinforcement have better properties than natural polymer matrix reinforced composites. However synthetic composite are costly, non-biodegradable, and causes pollution in the environment when they are discharged. Utilization of inorganic fillers obtained from waste material has gained an importance due to burden on environment. One such source is utilization of waste fly ash particles which are interesting because of their low density, low cost, strong filling ability, and smooth spherical surface. In the present work A polymer matrix hybrid composite was fabricated by compression molding process with addition of varying weight percentage (5 wt.%, 10% wt. and 15wt. %) of fly ash maintaining the constant weight percentage (1wt. %) of CNTs in high density polyethylene(HDPE) polymer. Mechanical properties (like, impact strength, flexural strength and tensile strength) were tested for developed composites. The results revealed that impact strength increases from 5 to 15 weight% of Fly ash, Flexural strength increases from 5to10 weight% and then decreases slightly. Tensile strength decreases with increasing weight % of Fly ash from (5 to 15wt %).
Vinay Kumar, Dr Amit Telang, Dr R. S. Rana
HDPE, CNT, Fly ash, Reinforcement, Polymer Matrix Composite.
- Vijay Baheti, Jiri Militky ,Rajesh Mishra, B.K. Behera Thermomechanical properties of glass fabric/epoxy composites filled with fly ash Composite part B85( 2016) 268-276.?????
- M V Deepthi, Madan Sharma,R.R.N. Sailaja,P.Sampathkumaran,S.Seetharamu Mechanical and thermal characteristics of high density polyethylene-Fly ash Censopheres composites Material and Design 31 (2010) 2051-2060.
- V.C.Divya, M. Ameen Khan,? B.Nageshwar Rao, R.R.N.Sailaja High density polyethylene/censophere reinforced with multi-walled carbon nanotubes:Mechanical,thermal and fire retardancy studies Material and Design 65 (2015)377-386.
- Dinesh Kumar Rathore,Rajesh Kumar Prusty,Devalingam Santhosh Kumar,Bankim Chandra Ray Mechanical performance of CNT ?filled glass fiber/epoxy composite in in-situ elevated temperature environments emphasizing the role of CNT contentComposite Part A 84 (2016) 364-376.
- Jian Gu,Gaohui Wu,Qiang Zhang Preparation and damping property of fly ash filled epoxy composites Material science and engineering A 452-453 (2007) 614-618.
- Jae Soon Jang ,Joshua Varischetti , Gyo Woo Lee ,Jonghwan Suhr Experimental and analytical investigation of mechanical damoing and CTE of both SiO2 particle and carbon nano fiber reinforced hybrid epoxy composites Composites Part A Applied Science and Manufacturing (2011) 98-103.
- K M Liew, M.F.Kai, L.W.Zhang Mechanical and damping properties of CNT-reinforced cementitious composites Composite Structures Volume 160,15 January 2017,Pages 81-88.
- Nandan Dadkar,Bharat S Tomar, Bhabani K Satapathy, Amar Patanaik Performance assessment of hybrid?? friction materials based? on Fly ash ?rock fibre combination Material &Design Volume 31 issue2 (2010) 723-731.
- K.W.Y Wong, R.W Truss Effect of Fly ash content and coupling agent on the mechanical properties of Fly ash-filled polypropylene Composite Science and Technology Volume 52 issue3 (1994) 361-368.
- Junchun Yu, Bounphanh Tonpheng, Gerhard Grobner, Ove Andersson Thermal properties and transition studies of multi ?wall carbon nanotube/nylon-6 composites CARBON 49(2011)???? 4858-4866.
- Arjit Das ,Bhabani K Satapathy Structural , thermal, mechanical and dynamic mechanical? propertries of censophere filled polypropylene composites Material& Design Volume 32 issue 3 (2011) 1477-1484.
- Navin Chand, Prabhat Sharma, M Fahim Correlation of mechanical and tribological properties of organosilane modified censophere filled high density polyethylene Material Science and Engineering Volume 527 issues 21-22 (2010) 5873-5878.
- V K Srivastava , A.G. Pawar Solid particle erosion of glass fibre reinforced Fly ash filled epoxy resin composites Composites Science and Technology 66(2006) 3021-3028
- Weena Lokuge , Thiru Aravinthan Effect of Fly ash on the behaviour of polymer concrete with different types of resin Material and Design 51 (2013) 175-181
- J.H.Lee , K.Y.Rhee , S.J.Park The? tensile and thermal properties of modified CNT-reinforced basalt/epoxy composites Material Science and Engineering A 527(2010) 6838-6843
- V. Arumuga Prabhu , R.Deepak Joel Johnson , P.Amuthakkannan,V.Manikandan Usage of industrial wastes as particulate composite for environment management : Hardness, Tensile and Impact studies Journal of Environment Chemical Engineering 5 (2017) 1289-1301
- Manpreet Singh Bahra,V.K.Gupta,Lakshya Aggarwal Effect of Fibre content on Mechanical Properties and Water Absorption Behaviour of Pineapple/HDPE Composite Materialstoday Volume 4 issue 2 Part A( 2017) 3207-3214.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 44-47
Manuscript Number : IJSRST17365
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vinay Kumar, Dr Amit Telang, Dr R. S. Rana , "Analysis of Mechanical Properties of High Density Polyethylene, Fly ash and Carbon nanotubes reinforced Hybrid Composite", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.44-47, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST17365