Home > Archives > IJSRST173655
Internet Protocol Security as the Network Cryptography System
Authors(4) :-Haryanto, Andysah Putera Utama Siahaan, Robbi Rahim, Mesran
Internet Protocol Security (IP Security) is a security protocol that serves to secure information in the event of an exchange on the internet. It happens if there is a connection between private IP and public IP. This protocol will exchange packets on the IP layer safely. It provides two types of encryption options, transport, and tunnel. Transport mode will encrypt the data section without changing the packet header. The algorithm used to encrypt data is a symmetric cryptography algorithm. This protocol authenticates and encrypts every packet from a data transmission session. Also, it can generate keys between the sender and the recipient at the first time it is activated and can negotiate the cryptographic keys that will be used during the session. IP Security is an end-to-end cryptosystem that works at the internet layer of the Internet Protocol Suite. The protocol serves to protect the data flow in host-to-host, network-to-network, and network-to-host as well.
Haryanto, Andysah Putera Utama Siahaan, Robbi Rahim, Mesran
Network Security, IP Security, Cryptography
- N. Ferguson and B. Schneier, "A Cryptographic Evaluation of IPSec, Counterpane," Counterpane Internet Security, Inc..
- B. H. Kang and M. O. Balitanas, "Vulnerabilities of VPN using IPSec and Defensive Measures," International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 9-18, 2009.
- H. Alshamrani, "Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) Mechanisms," International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 85-87, 2014.
- P. K. Singh and P. P. Singh, "A Novel Approach for the Analysis & Issues of IPsec VPN," International Journal of Science and Research, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 187-189, 2013.
- A. Singh and M. Gahlawat, "Internet Protocol Security (IPSec)," International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 717-721, 2012.
- T. Sharma and S. Shiwani, "Statistical Results of IPSec in IPv6 Networks," International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 15-19, 2013.
- R. Rahim and A. Ikhwan, "Study of Three Pass Protocol on Data Security," International Journal of Science and Research, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 102-104, 2016.
- A. Lubis and A. P. U. S. , "NetworkForensic Application in General Cases," IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 41-44, 2016.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 223-226
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173655
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Haryanto, Andysah Putera Utama Siahaan, Robbi Rahim, Mesran, "Internet Protocol Security as the Network Cryptography System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.223-226, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173655