Home > Archives > IJSRST173656
Physicochemical and Total Phenolic Content of Fruiting Body Powder of Ganoderma Lucidium from Daxen Agritech , Himachal Pradesh
Authors(2) :-Jasmin Dora, Vimalin Hena
The present study aims to investigate the physicochemical analysis of Ganoderma lucidium fruiting body powders were from Daxen Agritech India Pvt .Ltd, Himachal Pradesh. Ganoderma lucidium has been used for hundreds of years as a health promotion and treatment strategy. A number of bioactive compounds have been characterized from Ganoderma lucidium which are found to be responsible for their pharmacological potential. So a preliminary screening was done to reveal the bioactive constituents of Ganoderma lucidium. The phytochemical constituents extract was evaluated by using solvent like methanol and aqueous extract. The Phytochemical screening reveals that the Methanol extracts were a rich source of phytoconstituent containing alkaloids, carbohydrates, glycosides, Flavanoids, Saponins, phenol, Triterpenoids and steroids. Whereas, water extract contain Saponins, tannins and phenol. Among the two solvents used for extraction, Methanol extract showed more number of Phytoconstituents followed by water extract. Methanol extract have higher solubility for more active phytochemical constituents in Ganoderma lucidium. Analysis for proximate constituent showed moisture contents , crude fibre crude fat, crude protein ,carbohydrates, nitrogen. The methanolic extract of Ganoderma lucidium showed highest amount of phenolic content. The presence of these essential physicochemical constituent implies that it can be used for its medicinal values in health care systems.
Jasmin Dora, Vimalin Hena
Ganoderma lucidium, physicochemical, bioactive compounds, Methanol, phenolic, proximate analysis.
- Anjorin TS, Salako EA. The status of pesticidal plants and materials identification in Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of plant protection.2009;23:25-32.
- Kao CHJ, Jesuthasan AC, Bishop KS, Glucina MP, Ferguson LR. Anticancer activities of Ganoderma lucidium. Active ingredients and pathways. Functional Foods in Health and Disease.2013;3(2):48-65.
- Min BS, Gao JJ, Nakamura N, Hattori M. Triterpenes from the spores of Ganoderma lucidium and their cytotoxicity against Met-A and LLC tumor cells.Chem.Pharm.Bull.2000:48:1026-1033.
- Zhou SH, Kestell P, Baguley BC, Paxton JW. Invest. New Drugs 2002;20:281-295.
- Odey MO, Iwara IA, Udiba UU, Johnson JT, Inekwe UV, Asenye ME, Victor O. preparation of plant extracts from indigeneous medicinal plants. International Journal of Science and Technology.2012;1:12.
- Savithramma N, Linga Rao M, Suhrulatha D. Screening of medicinal plants for secondary metabolites. Middle -East Journal of Scientific Research. 2011;8(3)579-584.
- Onyeike EN, Osiji JO. Research techniques in biological and chemical sciences. Spring field Publishers Ltd., Owerri, Nigeria.2003;403.
- Jonathan SG, Fasidi IO. Antimicrobial activities of two edible macrofungi Lycoperdon giganteum (pers). African journal of biomedical Research,6, 2003,85-90.
- Fujita R ,Liu j, shimizu K, Konishi F, Noda K, Kumamoto s. antihydrogenic activities of Ganoderma lucidium , Journal of Ethnopharmacology,102,2005,107-112.
- Dei ,H.K. Rose, S.P and Mackenzie A.(2007),Shea nut,(Vitellaria paradoxa) meal as a feed ingredient for poultry. In world poultry science Journal.63(4).611-624.
- M.W.A.(2003), Immuno-active Medicinal properties of mushroom and herbs polysaccharides and their potential use in chicken, Diet. World poultry science Journal.59:427-440.
- Idowu, Y.O. Onawunmi, G. O. Ogundani, A.O. Adesanya, S.A.(2003),Antimicrobial constituents of Crysophyllum albidum: Cotyledon. Nigerian Journal of Veterinary production and medicine.7:33-36.
- Ko. H.H Hung, C.F. Wang, J.P., Lin, C,N.(2008), Anti-inflammatory Triterpenoids and steroids from Ganoderma lucidium and Ganoderma Tsugae,Phytochemistry.69(1)234-239.
- Lakshmi, B?.Ajith, T.A. Nayana, and Janaradhan, k. k.(2006),Anti-mutagenic activity of methanolic extract of Ganoderma lucidium and its effect on hepatic damage caused by benzo (a) pyrene .Journal of ethno pharmacology,107-303.
- Berger,A. Rein, D. Kratky, E. Monnard, I. Hajjaj, H. Meirim, I. Piquet- Welsch,C. Hauser,J. Mace,K. and Niederberger,P. (2011),Cholesterol lowering properties of Ganoderma lucidium In vitro, ex vivo and in Hamsters and Minipig, Research , lipids in Health and diseases.3(2)1-10.
- Mizuno, T. (2011), Studies on bioactive substance and medicinal effect of Reishi - Ganoderma lucidium in Japan. Ccidium in the management of histamine mediated allergic response. Health publication, 1-4
- Muller, C.I. Kumagai, T.O Kelly, J. Seejem, N.P. Heber, D. Koeffler, H.P.(2006), Ganoderma lucidium causes apoptosis in leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma cells. Leukemia Research,30(7):841-848
- Ogbe, A.O and John P.A.( 2012), Proximate study , mineral and anti-nutrient composition of Moringa olifeira leaves harvested from Lafia, Nigeria: potential benefit in poultry nutrition and health. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and food science,1(3);296-308.
- Wasser, S.P. (2005), Reishi or Lingzhi (Ganoderma lucidium), Encyclopedia of dietary supplements, P. 603-622.
- Shamaki, BU., Geidam, YA., Abdulrahma, F., Ogbe, AO., and Sandabe, UK.2012. Evaluation of phytochemical constituents and in vitro antibacterial activity of organic solvent fractions of Ganoderma lucidium methanolic extract. International Journal of Medicinal Plant Research. 1(3): 026-0131.
- Ray Sahelian , M.D.(2012), Saponins in plants, benefits and side effects ,glycosides and extraction. Raysahelian.com 1-4
- Dorman HJD and Deans SG (2000). Antimicrobial agents from plants: antibacterial activity of plant volatile oils. Journal of Applied Microbiology 88; 308-316.
- Lin SB, Li CH, Lee SS and Kan LS (2003). Triterpene-enriched extracts from Ganoderma lucidum inhibit growth of hepatoma cells via suppressing protein kinase C,activating mitogen-activated protein kinase and G2-phase cell cycle arrest. Life Sciences; 72; 2381-2390
- Chitemerere, TA., and Mukanganyama, S. 2011. In Vitro Antibacterial Activity of Selected Medicinal Plants from Zimbabwe. The African Journal of Plant Science and Biotechnology. 5(1): 1-7.
- Kamaraj, C., Rahuman, A., Siva, C., Iyappan, M., and Kirthi, AV. 2012
- Evaluation of antibacterial activity of selected medicinal plant extracts from south India against human pathogens. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease(1): S296-S301.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 216-222
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173656
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Jasmin Dora, Vimalin Hena, "Physicochemical and Total Phenolic Content of Fruiting Body Powder of Ganoderma Lucidium
from Daxen Agritech , Himachal Pradesh", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.216-222, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173656