Home > Archives > IJSRST173675
Effect of GI Fiber on Strength and Durability Characteristics with Varying Percentage of GGBS to the Cement and Partial Substitution of M-Sand by Natural Sand
Authors(4) :-Ashok Patil, Brijbhushan S, Maneeth P D, Dr. Shreenivasreddy Shahapur
In the concrete the cement is the main constituents which are produced by naturally available raw materials. In this experimental study is about strength and durability analysis of concrete. In this experiment the cement is replaced by GGBS is produced by industrial waste. The GGBS shows chemical properties similar to cement. The GGBS will reduce the cost of concrete by replacing the cement. This experiment is mainly focus on strength and durability characteristics of M25 Grade concrete is designed according to IS:10262-2009. Concrete in this the cement is replaced by GGBS 10% , 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% and also in this experiment the fine aggregate is replaced by manufacturing sand by 60%. Manufactured sand which is eco-friendly material this serves as a perfect replacement for the fast depleting and excessively mined river sand. And to increase the tensile strength we are adding the additional 1% GI (galvanized iron) fibers are added to increase the strength of concrete. This is compared with the convential concrete by cube, prism and cylindrical specimens are tested in compressive, split & flexural strength test is to find out the strength analysis and acid attack test is conducted to study the durability of the concrete.
Ashok Patil, Brijbhushan S, Maneeth P D, Dr. Shreenivasreddy Shahapur
GGBS, Cement, Natural Sand, M-sand, Coarse Aggregate, GI Fiber, Compressive Strength, Split Tensile, Flexural Strength, Acid Test
- Muhammad Moyunddi, studied the partial replacement of cement by GGBS and natural sand by m-sand in concrete using different dosage of admixtures,IJRES OCT-2015.
- Christina Mary V And Kishore, Experimental investigation on strength and durability on strength and durability characteristics of high performance concrete using GGBS and m-sand, IJSART AUG-2015.
- Andriya Annal and Priya Rachel,Experimental study on study on behaviour of high performance concrete using GGBS and m-sand,IJERT FEB-2016.
- Mr.Bhaveshkumar, Mr.Sandip An experimental study of using manufacturing sand in concrete, IJSART OCT-2016.
- Manoj Kadiwal, Girish Hombal, experimental study on strength characteristics of concrete by replacement of cement and fine aggregate by GGBS and m-sand,IJSART AUG-2016.
- M.S.shettyText book of “concrete technology (theory and practice) revised edition.
- Hand book for concrete mix design IS10262-2009 and IS 456-2000.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 6 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 321-327
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173675
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ashok Patil, Brijbhushan S, Maneeth P D, Dr. Shreenivasreddy Shahapur, "Effect of GI Fiber on Strength and Durability Characteristics with Varying Percentage of GGBS to the Cement and Partial Substitution of M-Sand by Natural Sand", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp.321-327, July-August-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173675