Home > Archives > IJSRST1737133
CAM Shaft for Multi Cylinder of Automotive Engine
Authors(1) :-Dr. R. Ramachandra
The cam shaft and its related parts control the opening and closing of the two valves. The related parts are push rods, rocker arms, valve springs and tappets. It consists of a cylindrical rod walking over the duration of the cylinder bank with some of oblong lobes sticking out from it, one for each valve. The cam lobes pressure the valves open by means of urgent at the valve, or on a few intermediate mechanism as they rotate. This shaft additionally gives the pressure to the ignition device. The camshaft is driven via the crankshaft via timing gears cams are made as crucial parts of the camshaft and are designed in one of these manner to open and near the valves at the appropriate timing and to keep them open for the vital duration. A common example is the camshaft of an car, which takes the rotary movement of the engine and translates it in to the reciprocating motion important to operate the intake and exhaust valves of the cylinders. In this work, a camshaft is designed for multi cylinder engine and 3D-model of the camshaft is created the usage of modeling software seasoned/Engineer. The model created in seasoned/E is imported in to ANSYS. After finishing the element properties, meshing and constraints the hundreds are applied on camshaft for three exclusive materials particularly aluminium alloy 360, forged metal and cast iron. For that situation the results have been taken has displacement values and von misses stresses for the static nation of the camshaft. After taking the results of static evaluation, the version evaluation and harmonic analysis are finished separately. sooner or later, evaluating the 3 one of a kind substances the satisfactory suitable cloth is chosen for the cons
Design; Analysis; Cam Shaft; Multi Cylinder Engine
- A.S.Dhavale, V.R.Muttagi “Study of Modeling and Fracture Analysis of Camshaft” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 2, Issue 6, November-December 2012, pp.835-842.
- Mahesh R. Mali, Prabhakar D. Maskar, Shravan H. Gawande, Jay S. Bagi , ? Design Optimization of Cam & Follower Mechanism of an Internal Combustion Engine for Improving the Engine Efficiency”, Modern Mechanical Engineering, 2012, 2, pp.114-119
- Bayrakceken H, Ucun I. & Tasgetiren S. ?Fracture analysis of a camshaft made from nodular cast iron”. [ 1240-1245] 3 NOV 2005.
- Paradon V. ?An Impact Model for Industrial Cam- Follower System: Simulation And Experiment?. [ ??-11] 11th OCT, 2007
- G.K. Matthew., D. Tesar.(1976), Cam system design: The dynamic synthesis and analysis of the one degree of freedom model, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Volume 11, Issue 4, Pages 247-257.
- M.O.M Osman., B.M Bahgat., Mohsen Osman., (1987), Dynamic analysis of a cam mechanism with bearing clearances, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Volume 22, Issue 4, Pages 303-314.
- Robert L Norton.( 1988), Effect of manufacturing method on dynamic performance of cams? An experimental study. part I?eccentric? cams, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Volume 23, Issue 3, Pages 191-199.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-February 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-02-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 134-137
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1737133
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. R. Ramachandra, "CAM Shaft for Multi Cylinder of Automotive Engine", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.134-137, January-February-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1737133