Home > Archives > IJSRST1737134
Spray and Combustion Characteristics of Biodiesel Blends in CI Engine
Authors(1) :-Dr. R. Ramachandra
This experimental evaluation of spray and combustion characteristics of six different biodiesels in a constant chamber using a not unusualrail injection device. The strategies of atomization and flame traits have been visualized by the use of a excessive digital camera under two distinctive injection pressures. The stress modifications have been measured by means of a piezometer strain sensor, and combustion procedures have been analyzed via computing warmness release fees. From those outcomes, it turned into concluded that exceedingly pressurized injection expanded atomization of fuels and prompted to shorten ignition put off period and for that reason stepped forward average combustion characteristics. in particular, the oxygen contents protected in biodiesel expanded combustion situations. Moreover, these quantitative and reliable information of biodiesel fuels which might be beneficial in supporting their applicability and setting up emission reduction degree in destiny as nicely.
Biodiesel, Compressed ignition, Ignition delay, Constant volume Chamber (CVC), Common-rail direct injection, Ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD).
- R. Anand, G. Kannan, S. Nagarajan and S. Velmathi, "Performance Emission and Combustion Characteristics of A Diesel Engine Fueled with Biodiesel Produced from Waste Cooking Oil", SAE paper, 2010-01-0478 (2010).
- A. Demirbas, "Relationships derived from physical properties of vegetable oil and biodiesel fuels", Fuel, vol. 87, (2008), pp. 1743-1748.
- T. Fang, Y. C. Lin, T. M. Foong and C. F. Lee, "Biodiesel combustion in an optical HSDI Diesel engine under low load premixed combustion conditions", Fuel, vol. 88, (2009), pp. 2154-2162.
- C. E. Goering, A. Schwab, M. Dougherty, M. Pryde and A. Heakin, "Fuel properties of eleven vegetable fuels", Trans. ASAE, vol. 25, (1982), pp. 1743-17848.
- R. Joshi and M. Pegg, "Flow properties of biodiesel fuel blended at low temperatures", Fuel, vol. 86, (2007), pp. 143-151.
- B. Kegl, "Numerical analysis of injection characteristics using biodiesel fuel", Fuel, 85 (2006), pp. 2377-2387. 7? B. Kegl and A. Hribernik, "Experimental analysis of injection characteristics using biodiesel fuel", Energy Fuels, vol. 220, (2006), pp. 2239-2248.
- B. Kegl, "Biodiesel usage at low temperature", Fuel, vol. 87, (2008), pp. 1306-1307.
- J. K. Kim, E. S. Yim, C. H. Jung and C. S. Han, "Cold performance of various biodiesel fuel blends at low temperature", Int. J. Automotive Technology, vol. 13, no. 2, (2012), pp. 293-300.
- G. Koszalka, J. Hunicz and A. Niewczas, "A comparison of performance and emissions of engine fueled with diesel and biodiesel", SAE paper, 2010-01-1474 (2010).
- O. A. Kuti, W. Zhang and K. Nishida, "Effect of injection pressure on ignition, flame development and soot formation process of biodiesel fuel spray", SAE paper, 2010-32-0053 (2010).
- Ryu, "A study on the exhaust emission reduction characteristics by using biodiesel fuel in the compressed injection engine", KSAE Spring Proceeding, vol. 1, (2012), pp. 526-531.
- K. W. Scholl and S. C. Sorenson, "Combustion of soybean oil Methyl in a direct injection diesel engine", SAE paper, 930934 (1993).
- S. H. Park and S. C. Kwon, "Macroscopic behavior and atomization characteristics of biodiesel fuels", Trans.Of KSAE, vol. 12, no. 6, (2012), pp. 23-29.
D.-S. Baik and S.-W. Lee, "Application of biodiesel fuels in diesel engine, Proceedings of International Workshops on Bioscience and Medical Research", (2013) December 11-13; Jeju Island, Korea.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 350-354
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1737134
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. R. Ramachandra, "Spray and Combustion Characteristics of Biodiesel Blends in CI Engine", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.350-354, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1737134