Home > Archives > IJSRST1737164
Sri Aurobindo and Integral Yoga
Authors(1) :-Dr. R. Subramony
At Pondicherry, Sri Aurobindo devoted himself exclusively to Yoga Glimpses of the goal of his yoga are there in his writings in the Kamayogin, especially in his renderings of the Isha and Kena Upanishads. Sri Aurobindo believed that man is an intermediate stage in evolution. Just as the ape evolved into man, man will become superman. Sri Aurobindo started the Journal Arya in 1914. In this monthly, he expounded his metaphysical masterpiece, The Life Divine. He wrote another series titled, The Synthesis of Yoga. In this he summed up the contributions of the past methods of yoga and outlined his own yoga of self-perfection for realizing the ideal of the Life Divine. The Human Cycle and The Ideal of Human Unity deal with sociological and political development of humanity in the light of spiritual evolution and oneness of origin in the Divine. His books on the scriptures, Secret of Veda, Hymns to the Mystic Fire, commentaries on the Upanishads and Essays on the Gita, inform humanity regarding how the ancient works refer to the spiritual evolution of consciousness and the truth of the divine manifestation in the world. In November 1926, when the overmind consciousness of Krishna descended to him, he retired into compete seclusion for an intense pursuit of is to Divinise terrestrial existence. The goal of this yoga is to lead a divine life in a divine body.
Integral Yoga, Consciousness, Self, Vedas, Upanishads, Gita, Brahman, Divine, Supermind
- Aurobindo, Sri: Hymns to the Mystic Fire, Pondicherry, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, 1995
- Aurobindo, Sri: Collected Works of Sri Aurobindo, Pondicherry, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Vol 12, 1972
- Aurobindo, Sri: Collected Works of Sri Aurobindo, Pondicherry, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Vol 14, 1972
- Aurobindo, Sri:Collected Works of Sri Aurobindo, Pondicherry, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Vol 17, 1972
- Iyengar, KR Srinivasa: Sri Aurobindo:A Biography and a History, Pondicherry, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, 1985
- Pandit, MP:Sri Aurobindo and his Yoga, USA, Lotus Press (1987)1999
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 309-314
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1737164
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. R. Subramony, "Sri Aurobindo and Integral Yoga", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.309-314, July-August-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1737164