Home > Archives > IJSRST173720
Design and simulation of closed loop controller for SEPIC converter to improve power factor
Authors(2) :-R. Jai Ganesh, A. Bhuvanesh
One of the solid state switch mode rectification converters is SEPIC converter. This paper presents the design, simulation and development of single phase AC-DC SEPIC converter with 1.5W output power. The non-isolated SEPIC converter is performed in this paper. The control techniques such as voltage follower control, average current control with voltage follower, borderline control technique are implemented to improve the overall power factor and to reduce Total Harmonic Distortion.
R. Jai Ganesh, A. Bhuvanesh
Single switch buck-boost SEPIC converter, Control techniques, L-C input filter
- J.Sebastian, J.Uceda, J.A.Cobos, J.Arau and R.Lorenzo. 1991. Using SEPIC Topologies For Improving Power Factor in Distributed Power Supply System. EPE. Florence. Vol. 1, pp. 304-309.
Esam H. Ismail. 2009. Bridgeless SEPIC Rectifier with Unity Power Factor and Reduced Conduction Losses. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 1147-1157.
- J. Gnanavadivel, N. Senthil kumar, P. Yogalakshmi. 2016. Implementation of FPGA based three-level converter for LED drive applications. Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials. Vol. 18, Iss. 5-6, pp. 459 ? 467.
- J.Gnanavadivel, N.Senthil Kumar, C.N. Naga Priya, S.T.Jaya Christa. 2016. Single phase positive output super-lift luo converter fed high power LED lamp with unity power factor and reduced source current harmonics. Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials. Vol. 18, No. 11-12, pp. 1007 ? 1017.
- J.Gnanavadivel, N.Senthil Kumar, S.T.Jaya Christa. 2015. Implementation of FPGA based fuzzy and hysteresis controllers for power quality improvement in single phase three-level rectifier. Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials? Rapid Communications, Vol. 9, No. 9-10, pp. 1264 - 1272
- Domingos Savio Lyrio Simonetti, Javier Sebastian and Javier Uceda. 1997. Discontinuous conduction mode SEPIC and CUK power factor preregulators: Analysis and design. IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics. Vol. 44, No. 5, pp. 630-637.
- G. Spiazzi and L.Rossetto. 1994. High-quality Rectifier based on Coupled-Inductor Sepic Topology. PESC conference.
- Andrea Cantillo, Antonietta De Nardo, Nicola Femia and Walter Zamboni. 2011. Stability issues in Peak-Current-Controlled SEPIC. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 551-562.
- J.M. Kwon, W.Y.Choi, J.J.Lee, E.H. Kim and B.H. Kwon. 2006. Continuous conduction mode SEPIC converter with low reverse loss for power factor?? correction. IEEE proc. Electronics Power? Applications. Vol. 153, No.? 5, pp. 673-681.
- J.Gnanavadivel, A.Aswini, N.Senthil Kumar, S.T.Jaya Christa. 2014. Power Quality Improvement in Single Phase AC-DC Three Level Boost Converter Using PI and SMC. Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 573, pp 72-77. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.573.72
- J. Gnanavadivel, K. Sree Revathy, S.T. Jaya Christa, N. Senthil Kumar. 2014. Analysis and Design of Single phase AC-DC Modified SEPIC Converter. Applied Mechanics and Materials. Vol. 573, pp 108-114. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.573.108
- Gnanavadivel J, Senthil Kumar N and Yogalakshmi P. 2016. Comparative Study of PI, Fuzzy and Fuzzy tuned PI Controllers for Single-Phase AC-DC Three-Level Converter. Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.? 78-90. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2017.12.1.078
- Bhim Singh and Ganesh Dutt Chaturvedi. 2008. Analysis, design and development of a single switch Flyback Buck-Boost AC-DC converter for low power battery charging applications. Journal of Power Electronics. Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 51-59.
- W.Tang, F.C.Lee, and R.B.Ridley. 1992. Small-Signal Modeling of Average Current-Mode Control. APEC, pp.747-755.
- Wei Gu. 2007. “Designing a SEPIC converter”, National semiconductor note 1484.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 58-64
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173720
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
R. Jai Ganesh, A. Bhuvanesh, "Design and simulation of closed loop controller for SEPIC converter to improve power factor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.58-64, September-October-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173720