Home > Archives > IJSRST173723
An Experimental Study on Stabilization of Red Soil by G.G.B.S and Jute Fibre
Authors(2) :-Ch. Ravi Tej, Dr D. S. V Prasad
Stabilisation is a broad sense for the various methods employed and modifying the properties of a soil to improve its engineering performance and used for a variety of engineering works. In todayâ€Ÿs day soil stabilisation is the major problem for civil engineers, either for construction of road and also for increasing the strength or stability of soil and reduces the construction cost. In this thesis the soil are stabilised by ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) and this material is obtained from the blast furnace of cement plant, which is the byproduct of iron (from ACC plant, sindri). It is generally obtained in three shaped one is air cooled, foamed shaped and another is in granulated shaped. The use of by-product materials for stabilisation has environmental and economic benefits. Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) material is used in the current work to stabilise soil (clay). The main objectives of this research were to investigate the effect of GGBS on the engineering property (optimum moisture content and maximum dry density, plastic limit, liquid limit, compaction, unconfined compressive strength, triaxial and California bearing ratio test) of the soil and determine the engineering properties of the stabilised. Granulated shaped blast furnace slag is most suitable for increasing the strength of the soil and for this we check the following property of soil. GGBS are added from 0% to 25% by dry weight of soil, first of all check the all soil property at 0 % (no GGBS) and then compare after addition of GGBS from 5% to 25%. The investigations showed that generally the engineering properties which improved with the addition of GGBS. The addition of GGBS resulted in a dramatic improvement within the test ranges covered in the programme. The maximum dry density increased and the optimum moisture content decreased with increasing GGBS content and at 25% we got the maximum value of dry density.
Ch. Ravi Tej, Dr D. S. V Prasad
Red soil, Ground Granulated Blast Furnance Slag(GGBS), Jute Fibre,
- “Comparative Study On Stabilization of Soil With Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) and Fly Ash” by Dayalan J, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) Volume: 03 Issue: 05 | May-2016
- Stabilization of Red Soil Using Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag K.V. Manunath, Bipin Kumar, Kuldeep Kumar, Md.Imran and Navin International Confernece on Advances in Architecture and Civil Engineering (AARCV 2012), 21st ? 23rd June 2012
- “Effect of Jute Fibre on Engineering Characteristics of Black Cotton Soil” by Harshita Bairagi, R.K. Yadav, R. Jain, International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology ? IJESRT, ISSN: 2277 ? 9655, Volume 2, February 2014, pg:705?707.
- “Experimental Study on Stabilization of Black Cotton Soil by Fly Ash, Coconut Coir Fibre & Crushed Glass” by Amit Tiwan, H.K. Mahiyar, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering ? IJETAE, ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 4, Issue 11, November 2014, pg.330-333.
- “Effect on Strength Characteristics of Expansive Soil Using Sisal Fibre and Waste Materials” by Amrutha Mathew, Dr.Raneesh.K.Y, International Journal of Science and Research ? IJSR, ISSN: 2319-7064, Volume 5, Issue 9, September 2016, pg.1702-1707.
- “Effect of Sisal Fibre and GGBS on Strength Properties of Black Cotton Soil” by Abhijith S, Aruna T, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology ? IJIRSET, ISSN (o): 2319-8753, Volume 4, Issue 7, July 2015, pg.5409-5417.
- “Effect of Random Inclusion of Jute Fibres on Strength Characteristics of Lime Treated Expansive Clay” by Sabreena Mohammad, Deeba Qadir, Sarmistha R. Paul, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Engineering ? IJIRSE, ISSN(o) 2454 ? 9665, Volume 3, Issue 04, April 2017, pg.865 ? 870.
- “Effect of Jute Fibres on Engineering Properties of Lime Treated Black Cotton Soil” by Harshita Bairagi, R.K. Yadav, R. Jain, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology ?IJERT, ISSN : 2278 ? 0181, Volume 3, Issue 2, February 2014, pg.1550 ? 1552.
- “Effect of Random Inclusion of Sisal Fibre on Strength Behavior of Black Cotton Soil” by Manjunath K. R, Venugopal G, Rudresh A. N, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology ? IJERT, ISSN: 2278 ? 0181, Volume 2, Issue 7, July 2013, pg.2227 ? 2232.
- “Compressibility Behavior of Black Cotton Soil Admixed with Lime and Rice Husk Ash” by Dr. A. V. Narasimha rao, B. Penchalaiah, Dr.M. Chittranajan, Dr. P. Ramesh, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology ? IJIRSET, ISSN: 2319 ? 8753, Volume 3, Issue 4, April 2014, pg. 11473 ? 11480
- “Consolidation Characteristics of Fly Ash and Lime Treated Black Cotton Soil”by Vijayakumar Sureban, Proc. Of International Conference on Recent Trends in Transportation, Environmental and Civil Engineering - TECE, 201, pg. 49 ? 52.
- “Experimental study on stabilization of clay soil using coir fibre” by T. Subramani, D. Udayakumar, International Journal of Application of Innovation in Engineering and management ? IJAIEM, ISSN: 2319-4847, Volume 5, Issue 5, May 2016, pg.192-203.
- “Stabilization of Black Cotton Soil using Lime” by Shailendra Singh, Hemant B. Vasaikar, International Journal of Science and Research ? IJSR, ISSN : 2310-7064, Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2015, pg.2090-2094.
- “Quality Assessment for Stabilization of Black Cotton Soil by Using Lime” by Amruta A. Badge, Lobhesh N.Muley, Kunal R.Raul, International Journal of Innovation in Engineering and Technology ? IJIET, ISSN: 2319-1058, Volume 5, Issue 2, April 2015, pg.49-53.
- “Study on the Effects of Marine Clay Stabilized with Banana Fibre” by Teresa Sunny, Annie Joy, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research - IJSER, ISSN: 2347-3878, Volume 4 Issue 3, March 2016, pg: 96-98.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 87-93
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173723
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ch. Ravi Tej, Dr D. S. V Prasad, "An Experimental Study on Stabilization of Red Soil by G.G.B.S and Jute Fibre", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.87-93, September-October-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173723