Home > Archives > IJSRST173735
Using Raspberry Pi Implementation of Internet of Things for HAS
Authors(1) :-Dr. Syed Nisar Ahmed
This paper presents a low cost, flexible and standalone home devices control and monitoring system using an embedded Raspberry Pi micro-web server, with real IP connectivity for accessing and controlling devices and kitchen appliances remotely using Android structured Smartphone software running on android platform. Devices such as light switches, heat sensors, humidity sensors, current sensors, smoke/gas sensors and sirens have been included in the system to show the feasibility and effectiveness of the suggested smart (HAS)Home Automation System. Internet of Things (IoT) is a concept that envisions all objects around us as part of internet. IoT coverage is very wide and includes variety of objects like smart phones, tablets, digital cameras and sensors. . Here we have describe how Internet of Things and Cloud computing can work together can address the Big Data problems. We have also illustrated about Sensing as a service on cloud using few applications like Augmented Reality, Agriculture, Environment monitoring, etc. Finally, we propose a prototype model for providing sensing as a service on cloud. This system can perform varied functions to be performed at home. This allows accessibility over internet from any corner in the world. The main focus of this project is to minimize the usage of electricity and reduce human efforts Hence, cloud acts as a front end to access IoT. Applications that interact with devices like sensors have special requirements of massive storage to store big data, huge computation power to enable the real time processing of the data, information and high speed network to stream audio or video IoT based home automation system can be controlled over mobile devices. This is a low cost system. This system can control multiple devices.
Internet of Things(IoT), Smart Home, Home Automation System(HAS), Raspberry Pi.
- VinaySagar K and Kusuma S, "Home Automation Using Internet of Things", International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 2, Issue 3 on pp. 1965 ? 1970, June 2015.
- Stefan Matlak, RazvanBogdan, "Reducing Energy Consumption in Home Automation based on STM32F407 Microcontroller", IEEE, November 2016.
- INFSO D.4 Networked Enterprise & RFID INFSO G.2 Micro &Nano systems, in: Co-operation with the Working Group RFID of the ETP EPOSS, Internet of Things in 2020, Roadmap for the Future, Version 1.1, 27 May 2008.
- INTERNET Auto-Id Labs, <http://www.autoidlabs.org/>.
- The EPCgobal Architecture Framework, EPCgobal Final Version 1.3, Approved 19th march 2009, <www.epcgloballinc.org>
- M. Botterman, for the European Commission Information Society and Media Directorate General, Networked Enterprise & RFID Unit ?D4, Internet of Things: An Early Reality of the
- Future Internet, Report of the Internet of Things Workshop, Prague, Czech Republic, May2009.
- Rozita Teymourzadef, Salah Addin Ahmed, Kok Wai Chan, Mok Vee Hoong, "Smart GSM Based Home Automation System", 2013, IEEE Conference on Systems, Process & Control, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp.306 - 309.
- R.Piyare,M.Tazil, " Bluetooth Based Home Automation System Using Cell Phone", 2011 ,IEEE 15th International Symposium on Consumer Electronics, Singapore, pp. 192 - 195.
- Home Automation System via Bluetooth Home Network", 2003, SICE Annual Conference, Fukui, Vol. 3, pp. 2824 - 2829.
- H. Brooke Stauffer "Smart Enabling System for Home automation", 1991, IEEE? Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 37(2) , pp. 29-35.
- Eddie M C Wong, "A Phone Based Remote Controller for Home and Office? Automation", 1994, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 40(1), pp. 28-34.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 160-164
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173735
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. Syed Nisar Ahmed, "Using Raspberry Pi Implementation of Internet of Things for HAS", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.160-164, September-October-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173735