Home > Archives > IJSRST173737
A Comprehensive Study of Wormhole Attack in MANETs
Authors(3) :-Madhu, Rakesh Kumar, Sukhjot Kaur
A Mobile Ad-Hoc Network (MANET) is a dynamic network of nodes which are wireless and as well as mobile. It creates a short term or momentary network for the digital and data communication. It has no access point. These days wireless devices are used in high amount so this technology is a governing factor in the success of infrastructure-less mesh. MANET is dealing with active strikes and as well as passive strikes at almost every zone of network model. The flaw in protection parts of their routing protocols is magnetizing a number of assailants to infringe the network. An appropriate kind of intrusion; recognized as Wormhole, which is projected by laying down of tunnels and it’s aftereffect in overall break of routing paths on MANET. In this paper a serious investigation is done on warmhole attacks in MANET.
Madhu, Rakesh Kumar, Sukhjot Kaur
MANET, Wormhole, Mobile, Routing, Communication, Network, Security Attacks, Nodes
- Shin S. Y.,(2012) "Wormhole Attacks Detection in MANETs using Routes Redundancy and Time-based Hop Calculation," ICT Convergence, pp. 781- 786.
- Patel A. ,Patel N. and Patel R.,(2015) "Defending Against Wormhole Attack in MANET," Fifth International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, pp. 674- 678.
- Rana A. , Rana V.? and? Gupta S.,(2015) "EMAODV: Technique to prevent collaborative attacks in MANETs," 4th International Conference on Eco-friendly Computing and Communication Systems, pp. 137 -145.?
- ?Geetha S. B. and? Patil V. C., (2015)"Elimination of Energy and Communication Tradeoff to Resist Wormhole Attack in MANET," International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology, pp. 143-148.?
- Jangir S. K. and Hemrajani N.,(2017) "A Comprehensive Review On Detection Of Wormhole Attack In MANET ," International Conference on ICT in Business Industry & Government (ICTBIG), pp. 1-8.
- Ghayvat H. , Pandya S. , Shah S. , Mukhopadhyay S., Yap M. H. , Wandra, K. H. (2016)"Advanced AODV Approach For Efficient Detection And Mitigation Of WORMHOLE Attack IN MANET," 10th International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST), pp. 1-6.
- Gupta N. and Singh S. N., (2016)"Wormhole Attacks in MANET," 6th International Conference Cloud System and Big Data Engineering (Confluence), pp. 236- 239.
- Gupta C. and Pathak P., (2016)" Movement Based or Neighbor Based Tehnique For Preventing Wormhole Attack in MANET," 6th International Conference Cloud System and Big Data Engineering (Confluence), pp. 236- 239.
- Khan A. ,Richariya V. and Shrivastava S.,(2014) "Normalized Worm-hole Local Intrusion Detection Algorithm," International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics, pp. 1-6.
- Vandana C. P. ,Francis A. and Devaraj S., (2013)“WAD-HLA: Wormhole Attack Detection using Hop Latency and Adjoining node analysis in MANET”, International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, Volume: 04 Issue: 04.
- Vandana C. P. ,Francis A. and Devaraj S.,(2013) “Evalution of impact of wormhole attack on AODV”, International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, pp. 1652-1656.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 205-210
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173737
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Madhu, Rakesh Kumar, Sukhjot Kaur, "A Comprehensive Study of Wormhole Attack in MANETs", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.205-210, September-October-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173737