Home > Archives > IJSRST173739
A Study of Impact of Stress on Performance, A Case Study of School of Sonipat
Authors(1) :-Dr. Surander Singh
A few examinations have demonstrated the positive connection between stress and its impact on performance. Many enquiries on this subject are done either on sex ratio, diverse instructive levels to discover the effect on the scholastic execution of understudies. It is inside this examination system that we need to discover how much impact is of stress on performance. Thus, this paper endeavors to decide the elements of stress that is going to effect the performance level as well as social elements influencing scholarly components which on promoting investigation on sexual orientation premise influence the Scholastic execution of understudies. To fulfill our goal, we took a school to fulfill the objectives of our study and find the impact. To begin with, we selected 200 respondents out of which there were 92 females and 108. By regulating our poll review, data identified with points, past inquiries about, we got to our last outcomes. Results are displayed graphically, inferentially and clearly.
Stress, Health impact, Performance.
- Apesteguia, J., and I. Palacios?Huerta. "Psychological Pressure in Competitive Environments: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment." American Economic Review, 100(5), 2010, 2548?64.
- Ariely, D., U. Gneezy, G. Loewenstein, and N. Mazar. "Large Stakes and Big Mistakes." Review of Economic Studies, 76(2), 2009, 451?69.
- Balsdon, E.M., "Risk Management with Tournament Incentives." Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, 9(4), 2013, 301?17.
- Baumeister, R. F. "Choking under pressure: Self?consciousness and paradoxical effects of incentives on skillful performance." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 46(3), 1984, 610?620.??
- Baumeister, R.F., and A. Steinhilber. "Paradoxical Effects of Supportive Audiences on Performance under Pressure: The Home Field Disadvantage in Sports Championships." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 47(1), 1984, 85?93.
- Beilock, S.L., and R. Gray. "Why Do Athletes Choke under Pressure?" in Handbook of Sport Psychology (3rd ed.), edited by G. Tenenbaum, and R.C. Eklund. Hoboken: Wiley & Sons, 2007, 425?44.
- Broadie, M. "Assessing Golfer Performance Using Golfmetrics." Science and Golf V: Proceedings of the 2008 World Scientific Congress of Golf, 2008, 253?62.
- Broadie, M. Every Shot Counts: Using the Revolutionary Strokes Gained Approach to Improve Your Golf Performance and Strategy.
- Penguin, 2014. Cao, Z., J. Price, and D.F. Stone. "Performance under Pressure in the NBA." Journal of Sports Economics, 12(3), 2011, 231?52.
- Clark, R.D. "Do Professional Golfers ‘Choke’?" Perceptual and Motor Skills, 94(3c), 2002a, 1124?30.
- Clark, R.D. "Evaluating the Phenomenon of Choking in Professional Golfers." Perceptual and Motor Skills, 95(3f), 2002b, 1287?94.
- Clark, R.D. "A Longitudinal Study of ‘Choking’ in Professional Golfers." Perceptual and Motor Skills, 105(3), 2007, 827?37.
- Dandy, J., N. Brewer, and R. Tottman. "Self?Consciousness and Performance Decrements within a Sporting Context." Journal of Social Psychology, 141(1), 2001, 150?52.
- DeCaro, S., R.D. Thomas, N.B. Albert, S.L. Beilock. "Choking Under Pressure: Multiple Routes to Skill Failure." Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 141(3), 2011, 390?406.
- Deutscher, C., B. Frick, and J. Prinz. "Performance under Pressure: Estimating the Returns to Mental Strength in Professional Basketball." European Sport Management Quarterly, 13(2), 2013, 216?31.
- Dohmen, T.J. "Do Professionals Choke under Pressure?" Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 65(3), 2008, 636?53.
- Ehrenberg, R.G., and M.L. Bognanno. "Do Tournaments Have Incentive Effects?" Journal of Political Economy, 98(6), 1990, 1307?24.?
- Fearing, D., J. Acimovic, and S.C. Graves. "How to Catch a Tiger: Understanding Putting Performance on the PGA TOUR." Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, 7(1), 2011.
- Genakos, C., and M. Pagliero. "Interim Rank, Risk Taking, and Performance in Dynamic Tournaments." Journal of Political Economy, 120(4), 2012, 782?813.
- Gonzales?D?az, J., O. Gossner and B. W. Rogers. "Performing Best when it Matters Most: Evidence from Professional Tennis." Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 84, 2012, 767?781.
- Hill, D.M., S. Hanton, N. Matthews, and S. Fleming. "A Qualitative Exploration of Choking in Elite Golf." Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology, 4(3), 2010, 221?40.
- Hill, D.M., S. Hanton, N. Matthews, and S. Fleming. "Choking in Sport: a Review." International Review of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 3(1), 2013, 24?39.
- Jordet, G., E. Hartman, C. Visscher, and K.? Lemmink. "Kicks from the penalty mark in soccer: The roles of stress, skill, and fatigue for kick outcomes." Journal of Sports Sciences, 25, 2007, 121?129.
- Kocher, M., M. V Lenz., and M. Sutter. "Psychological pressure in competitive environments: New evidence from randomized natural experiments." Management Science, 58, 2012, 1585?1591.
- Kolev, G. I., G. Pina, and F. Todeschini. "Overconfidence in Competitive Environments: Evidence from the National Hockey League." Kyklos, 68(1), 2015, 65?80.
- Lazear, E.P. "The Power of Incentives." American Economic Review, 90(2), 2000, 410?14.
- Otten, M.P. "Choking vs. Clutch Performance: a Study of Sport Performance under Pressure." Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 31, 2009, 583?601.
- Panayiotou, G., and S.R. Vrana. "The Role of Self?focus, Task Difficulty, Task Self?relevance, and Evaluation Anxiety in Reaction Time Performance." Motivation and Emotion, 28(2), 2004, 171?96.
- Pope, D.G., and M.E. Schweitzer. "Is Tiger Woods Loss Averse? Persistent Bias in the Face of Experience, Competition, and High Stakes." The American Economic Review, 101(1), 2011, 129?57. Rand, Bill. "John Senden: Trying Not to Think Too Much" Eye on the Tour. March 17, 2014. http://www.eyeonthetour.com/?p=1592
- Wells, B.M., and J.J. Skowronski. "Evidence of Choking under Pressure on the PGA Tour." Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 34(2), 2012, 175?82.
- Worthy, D.A., A.B. Markman, and W.T. Maddox. "Choking and Excelling at the Free Throw Line." The International Journal of Creativity and Problem Solving, 19(1), 2009, 53?58.
- Wright, E.F., W. Jackson, S.D. Christie, and G.R. McGuire. "The Home?Course Disadvantage in Golf Championships: Further Evidence for the Undermining Effect of Supportive Audiences on Performance under Pressure." Journal of Sport Behavior, 14(1), 1991, 51?60.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 247-252
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173739
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. Surander Singh, "A Study of Impact of Stress on Performance, A Case Study of School of Sonipat", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.247-252, September-October-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173739